Release date for 4.3?

• #280, by afrlmeWednesday, 25. January 2017, 15:30 7 years ago
    Would it be possible to add an option to change the size of the font in the script editor? I tend to use larger size than is in the current version.

If you are talking about increasing/decreasing the font size in the script section in VS then it's already possible. CTRL & numpad + or - keys will allow you to adjust scale of script fonts.

https://i.gyazo.com/93d7bf6fa4c2031d49230102a2459a04.png

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #281, by ke4Wednesday, 25. January 2017, 15:33 7 years ago
    Damn how did i miss that? Thanks! Sweet smile

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #282, by afrlmeWednesday, 25. January 2017, 15:47 7 years ago
    Damn how did i miss that? Thanks! Sweet smile
    Don't ask me. I found it by accident the other day. Was typing then suddenly font was larger.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #283, by marvelWednesday, 25. January 2017, 15:51 7 years ago
    Would it be possible to add an option to change the size of the font in the script editor? I tend to use larger size than is in the current version.
    We already changed the font and the font size in Visionaire Studio 5.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #284, by joemidWednesday, 25. January 2017, 15:58 7 years ago
    Question about the new particle system- will you now be able to bind an emitter to the cursor or character?  

87 Posts

• #285, by marvelWednesday, 25. January 2017, 16:48 7 years ago
    Question about the new particle system- will you now be able to bind an emitter to the cursor or character?  
    That's probably something for one of the further updates.

Sounds great! Would be nice to see a lot of predefined presets (like a "particle library") in the Editor for adding (and editing) in own projects. And it would be nice if you could add your own presets to this "particle library" for future projects.
    That's what I already thought about, but not easy to achieve, because the textures and settings must be located in the file structure of your game. We will discuss this later when the new version was released.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #286, by marvelWednesday, 25. January 2017, 17:29 7 years ago
    Developer's note: 
    It's now basically possible to "type/search" actionparts. It's still basic and not perfect, but already makes it easier to add actionparts. I think we will continue to improve this in the future.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #287, by bananeisafreeThursday, 26. January 2017, 09:21 7 years ago
    @dorobo: More functions considering sound are in planning, but that needs some time. Just so I know, what would you need ? Just more tracks ?

When it comes to sound and music, a lot of things could be usefull, if you need some ideas :

- as you mentioned, having the possibility to have muliple tracks (each with their own volume "settings") playing would be great.

- having some basic controls over it (pause, resume, start at a specific time of the track etc ...)

- some "on the go" manipulation. adding effects (bass / trebble , reverb, balance etc ...) 

- I also came across a software (can't remember its name, will have to look it up) that could be paired with game engines for enchanced sound manipulation. Some integratiion of the sort (like what you did with spine) would be great too.

(I realise some of those suggestions are pretty big and, if they were to be implemented, could not be expected anytime soon).

Forum Fan

120 Posts

• #288, by sebastianThursday, 26. January 2017, 09:30 7 years ago
    fade in/out music/tracks would be great smile 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #289, by LebosteinThursday, 26. January 2017, 10:05 7 years ago
    That's what I already thought about, but not easy to achieve, because the textures and settings must be located in the file structure of your game. We will discuss this later when the new version was released.
    Yeah. Therefore you have to import these particle systems from the particle library into the game. The library is a storage outside the game data. Or, the other way, you can export your particle systems from games into this library for future games for example.

With the textures... right... hm... I believe it is possible to store small textures inside the xml as text (for example with base64 decoder). So it is possible to create one xml file per particle system. So the users can share these xml files with each other....

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #290, by ArtNovaThursday, 26. January 2017, 15:22 7 years ago
    New Visionaire interface looks sooo sweeet smile

41 Posts