Release date for 4.3?

• #270, by TinTinMonday, 23. January 2017, 17:11 7 years ago
    It's so great VS team . Nice job!!!

I see lua editor haven't auto complete yet. Is it possible in next VS5 updates ?

Anyway it's cool at the moment

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #271, by SimonSTuesday, 24. January 2017, 11:47 7 years ago
    @TinTin: There's a rudimentary autocomplete integrated, but it's not finished, and I probably won't finish it before the beta. Problem is, that most of the available field need to be prepared by hand and can't be read automatically.

@dorobo: More functions considering sound are in planning, but that needs some time. Just so I know, what would you need ? Just more tracks ?

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #272, by TinTinWednesday, 25. January 2017, 06:26 7 years ago
    @TinTin: There's a rudimentary autocomplete integrated, but it's not finished, and I probably won't finish it before the beta. Problem is, that most of the available field need to be prepared by hand and can't be read automatically.
    Ok. Thanks Simon. I'm waiting and hope see VS5 this month.

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #273, by LebosteinWednesday, 25. January 2017, 09:07 7 years ago
    any news about an "else if" action part? Repeatedly nested if...thens are not very clear...

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #274, by sebastianWednesday, 25. January 2017, 09:22 7 years ago
    that whouod be so cool. 
    otherwise its harder to implement than you think i guess. They then have to do an "else if" action part for each kind of "if"  which exists already:
    else if value
    else if condition
    else if character on scene
    else if character aligned
    ... etc

internally they need to do it anyway if the try to implenet it. But for the user of the engine it would be cool to combine all if (and then also if else) statements to one action part and then make it unside this action part selectable what kind of "if"  it should be... 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #275, by LebosteinWednesday, 25. January 2017, 10:51 7 years ago
    Or all existent "if xxx" action parts get a new configurable parameter to interpret them as "if" or "else if". So it is not needed to build/add new action parts. The debugger have to check the correct order of "if" "else if" "else" and "end if" only. The number of "else if" should be arbitrary:

if
    else if
    else if
    else
    end if

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #276, by afrlmeWednesday, 25. January 2017, 12:54 7 years ago
    Don't forget about the OR & AND query operators. I use elseif, or & and a lot in my scripts.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #277, by marvelWednesday, 25. January 2017, 14:18 7 years ago
    Developer's note: 
    The particle system of Visionaire Studio 5 ist really nice and a huge improvement. I just created flying leaves, realistic flying snowflakes, dust, fire, fog, stars and cool light effects in the blinking of an eye! wink 

Question about IF-Actionparts: It's not in the new editor at the moment. We are still busy finishing the Beta. 

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #278, by LebosteinWednesday, 25. January 2017, 14:38 7 years ago
    Developer's note: 
    The particle system of Visionaire Studio 5 ist really nice and a huge improvement. I just created flying leaves, realistic flying snowflakes, dust, fire, fog, stars and cool light effects in the blinking of an eye! wink 
    Sounds great! Would be nice to see a lot of predefined presets (like a "particle library") in the Editor for adding (and editing) in own projects. And it would be nice if you could add your own presets to this "particle library" for future projects.

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #279, by ke4Wednesday, 25. January 2017, 14:42 7 years ago
    Would it be possible to add an option to change the size of the font in the script editor? I tend to use larger size than is in the current version.

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #280, by afrlmeWednesday, 25. January 2017, 15:30 7 years ago
    Would it be possible to add an option to change the size of the font in the script editor? I tend to use larger size than is in the current version.

If you are talking about increasing/decreasing the font size in the script section in VS then it's already possible. CTRL & numpad + or - keys will allow you to adjust scale of script fonts.

https://i.gyazo.com/93d7bf6fa4c2031d49230102a2459a04.png

Imperator

7278 Posts