Problem to build for MacOs (11.6.2)

• #1, by shiritoruTuesday, 15. February 2022, 23:41 2 years ago
     Hello everyone. 
    So I tried to build for MacOs. First attempt was before the last Visionaire update on Windows and the build didn't work on Mac at all (show message "init failed"). I tried to rebuild the same files on Mac, and it leads to black screen with background music. 
     After the latest Visionaire update (v. 5.181(1226) on Mac) I tried to rebuild same files again. And now I can't run the app at all. (screenshot attached).  
     I was able though to run the project under Visionaire and I found the solution for the black screen - originally project data folders were synchronised to my iCloud account which means the files wasn't on a disk physically. So I fixed this by putting the project data out of iCloud synchronisation. After that I could perfectly run the project under Visionaire, but I still cannot run a build project. I see the same "init failed" error, but now in red.
    Please help.

13 Posts

• #2, by anthonyirwin82Wednesday, 16. February 2022, 03:07 2 years ago
    I just did a test building on windows for mac then ran the app on macOS 12.2.

The windows build did not open by default build from windows gave the error "The application <App Name> cannot be opened".

I right clicked the app then went to "Show package contents" then went into the "Contents" folder then deleted the "_CodeSignature" folder.

After that, I tried to run the app again and the game worked fine.

I also tested building the game in Visionaire on the mac. The build worked fine without having to change anything.

Anyway not sure if your issue is the same or not but this is what I found after doing a quick test with the latest version of Visionaire v. 5.1.8.1 (1226).

Anthony

20 Posts

• #3, by shiritoruWednesday, 16. February 2022, 10:58 2 years ago
    I just did a test building on windows for mac then ran the app on macOS 12.2.

The windows build did not open by default build from windows gave the error "The application <app name=""> cannot be opened".</app></div>

I right clicked the app then went to "Show package contents" then went into the "Contents" folder then deleted the "_CodeSignature" folder.

After that, I tried to run the app again and the game worked fine.

I also tested building the game in Visionaire on the mac. The build worked fine without having to change anything.

Anyway not sure if your issue is the same or not but this is what I found after doing a quick test with the latest version of Visionaire v. 5.1.8.1 (1226).

Anthony

Thank you, Anthony!
     Will try with "_CodeSignature" folder this evening.  Making a build under Windows for Mac is the most straightforward and convenient for me, and I was upset when it doesnt' work properly. But then Mac build also failed...

13 Posts

• #4, by shiritoruThursday, 17. February 2022, 15:36 2 years ago
    So, deleting the "_CodeSignature" folder doesn't work for me, unfortunately. 
    I keep seeing this error from the Windows build for MacOs and still can't build on MacOs itself.

13 Posts

• #5, by SimonSThursday, 17. February 2022, 16:02 2 years ago
    It seems to me, there is something else going on. Have you checked the messages.log? It's in the /Users/<name>/Library/Logs/VisionaireStudio/... or if you have a game name with that names. You can also get there via the editor and "go to messages.log".

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #6, by shiritoruThursday, 17. February 2022, 22:12 2 years ago
    It seems to me, there is something else going on. Have you checked the messages.log? It's in the /Users/<name>/Library/Logs/VisionaireStudio/... or if you have a game name with that names. You can also get there via the editor and "go to messages.log".</name></blockquote>

Thank you for the answer.
    messages.log under /Users/edge/Library/Logs/VisionaireStudio showed me nothing interesting.
    I have found another messages.log file under /Users/edge/Library/Logs/Studio_Name/Game_Name
    Here is the text:

--
    21:06:53.313:Engine Version: 5.1.8.1 (Build 1226 from Build date: Feb 14 2022)
    21:06:53.313:Time needed for preloading game: 2 msec
    21:06:53.313:No config.ini in /Users/edge/Library/Application Support/Studio_Name/Game_Name//config.ini
    21:06:54.496:Initializing graphics interface. Surface size: 2560x1600, render size: 1920x1080
    21:06:54.514:Failed to initialize the composed file 'Scene000.vs'. Could not open.
    21:06:54.514:Could not open file 'game.veb' in container 'Scene000.vs'
    21:06:54.514:Error loading game data from file '/Users/edge/repo/Visionaire_Game_Files_Folder/build/Game_Name.app/Contents/Resources/game.vis'
    21:06:54.514:Init failed, could not load game
    --

Please notice the double slash before config.ini

The actual path to config.ini is /Users/edge/Library/Application Support/Studio_Name/Game_Name/config.ini

13 Posts

• #7, by SimonSFriday, 18. February 2022, 10:10 2 years ago
    The slash is probably not the problem, could you try to export all in to one file, so no separate scenes and such?

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #8, by shiritoruFriday, 18. February 2022, 23:59 2 years ago
    The slash is probably not the problem, could you try to export all in to one file, so no separate scenes and such?
     That was the one file export (I untick all ticks in the build menu). I tried to make it separately and it doesn't work either. The same mistake every time.

13 Posts

• #9, by SimonSSaturday, 19. February 2022, 09:31 2 years ago
    Really, the same log output? Can you send me a sample so I can see what's going on, if you want via private message.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #10, by shiritoruWednesday, 13. April 2022, 22:19 2 years ago
     I'm here again after the new update. McOs build still doesn't work (Win build working with no issues). Tested on two different Macs. roll

13 Posts

• #11, by SimonSWednesday, 13. April 2022, 23:03 2 years ago
    The code signature is left out, so it should open if you right click / open. Unknown origins need to be enabled in gate keeper.  What is the error?

Thread Captain

1580 Posts