Game exceeding 60 fps on certain machines/gpu's

• #1, by dos4gwThursday, 20. February 2014, 08:09 11 years ago
    It was my understanding that Visionaire caps the frame rate at 60, but when running my game with moderate to high-powered gpus's, the frame rate skyrockets to 200+. This seems to be causing quite a few major problems, such as the screen being stuck and refusing to pan by commands or by character movement, ultra-rapid inventory scrolling, and scripted object movement going faster than intended.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a way to ensure that the game is capped at 60 fps?

69 Posts

• #2, by denis-Thursday, 20. February 2014, 08:27 11 years ago
    try to start visionaire.exe in compatibility mode (dx button of the mouse on it -->chose compatibility and try to start it in es windows vista or windows xp mode...
    I'm not sure if work but it's a not very expensive solution grin
    Ciaooo

74 Posts

• #3, by dos4gwThursday, 20. February 2014, 09:05 11 years ago
    Didn't work. :c

69 Posts

• #4, by SimonSThursday, 20. February 2014, 21:47 11 years ago
    First of all, the 60fps is not a general setting that is set on every machine. Some machines have 75fps, some even more. It's a question to what it is set, which you can look up in your display settings. Then, you can't cap the frame rate, but shouldn't be any issues with higher frame rate. On some machines v-sync doesn't work at all. Problems can only arise with animations that are done by action parts. Quick fix would be to set the "Pause 1ms" to a higher value, e.g. 15ms. If there are other issues, please describe them.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #5, by MateuszThursday, 14. November 2019, 00:51 4 years ago
    Recently some users reported the exact same problem (game runing on 200+ fps). Is there a way to hardcode a fps limit? Edit a line in ini file, add a line of code - something that would put a definitive 60 fps cap?

59 Posts

• #6, by afrlmeThursday, 14. November 2019, 12:40 4 years ago
    No, the user has to go into their gpu control panel & force vsync or limit fps to 60. They've probably disabled vsync by default which is over-riding the vsync & 60 fps cap of VS.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #7, by MateuszThursday, 14. November 2019, 20:18 4 years ago
    Thank you Lee for quick answer. I was asking cause personally I've never managed to override the VS 60 fps cap and didn't really know how to approach the "problem".  

59 Posts

• #8, by afrlmeFriday, 15. November 2019, 10:16 4 years ago
    Did you manage to sort it out? In my gpu panel under global/default settings I tend to have vertical refresh rate (vsync) on unless application specifies otherwise, but it should also be possible to set various settings for each individual game.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #9, by MateuszSunday, 17. November 2019, 20:56 4 years ago
    We reached to a reporting users with what was said in this thread and indeed, based on their replies they managed to sort it on their own. It wasn't really game braking or anything, but one of them was afraid that such abstract framerates will put humongous strain on his/hers gpu, potentially damaging it.

59 Posts

• #10, by afrlmeMonday, 18. November 2019, 03:03 4 years ago
    I doubt it would damage it. Not a VS game anyway, seeing as they aren't particularly all that demanding compared to a 3D game with all the bells & whistles turned on.

Imperator

7278 Posts