Dialogue exiting when using (If value 'Example' =5)

• #1, by DilatedFriday, 16. May 2014, 20:27 10 years ago
    Hey guys, I'm sure this is a simple fix, and I'm being stupid, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work.

Basically I've set up a dialogue so when a character exhausts all dialogue parts, it then displays text by character.

So the way I have done it is. Each dialogue part has an action [Value 'Example'+1] and then [If value 'example'=5] - Display text by character.
    So in theory once you choose all the options the value will add up to 5 and will play 'display text by character' action. This way whatever option you choose it will trigger the action part if the value =5. However this just exits the dialogue for some reason. I tried removing the 'display text by character' also the +1 value. But it appears its the 'if value 'Example'= 5 ' causing it to exit the dialogue.

Thanks for any help guys.

Forum Fan

149 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeFriday, 16. May 2014, 20:52 10 years ago
    can you post some screenshots please? so we can get a better idea of what you are saying.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #3, by DilatedSaturday, 17. May 2014, 03:19 10 years ago
    Sorry, hopefully this makes more sense.

http://i.imgur.com/lTRHfg4.jpg

Forum Fan

149 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeSaturday, 17. May 2014, 03:41 10 years ago
    hmm only thing I can see there really is that you haven't closed off the if query with an "end if"... Instead of adding that to each one, why not create a called by other action containing...
    value "get_me_that_head" + 1
    if value "get_me_that_head" >= 5
     display text ...
    end if

then just call the action inside of each dialog part action instead.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #5, by DilatedSaturday, 17. May 2014, 10:57 10 years ago
    Thanks mate, that did the trick!

Forum Fan

149 Posts