"Cursor enters area" for commands only usable for Objects

• #1, by Philipp StumppTuesday, 31. October 2017, 13:31 7 years ago
    Ok, here is another one. 

1) I have a "take" cursor whose command can only be used on Objects, not on characters. 

2) I have a character with an actioncode that says: change the command to "talk to" when the cursor enters the character area.

Here is the problem: When i change my cursor to its "take" state and hover over my npc, it does nothing although there is this "Cursor enters character area" action.

So isn't the "take" cursor/command a cursor at all anyway? Even when i say that you can not "use" it on characters, it should still change its state because the "cursor entered the character area".

Is a characterarea invisible when i say: command can be used on objects only...

Can i solve this without using lua code directly? I will try to solve it with conditions,there should be a solution

Happy Halloween everyone!

Philipp

54 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeTuesday, 31. October 2017, 13:41 7 years ago
    I usually have all commands set to both objects & characters, so I can't say with 100% certaintly, but I vaguely recall what you are saying & it's possible that if a command is set to objects only that it ignores characters entirely.

I assume you are wanting to have the character say some comment when using the incorrect command on the character? If you just want it to detect the character but not say anything then you could create an action for it in the character without adding any action parts.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #3, by Philipp StumppTuesday, 31. October 2017, 13:54 7 years ago
    Hi AFRLme!

Yes, it works when i choose: Comand can be used on both, objects and characters but then this here doesn't work anymore and that's more important...

As you know I use the "Rightclicking through my usable cursors" interface. So i decided to have a NPC and that you can not use the "take" command on it. When you enter the characterarea the cursor jumps to its "Talk to state" and when you rightclick, it cycles through all the other commands instead the "take" command. That is only possible when i set the "command can be used on objects only" of the Cursor in my interface. But when i do this he ignores the character at all. That shouldn't be like this.

Hmmmmmm .....

54 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeTuesday, 31. October 2017, 14:30 7 years ago
    Just set all commands to interact with both characters & objects. What does it matter if it automatically changes to command "talk" on mouse enter?

*edit: ah wait, you're saying if you right click while already over the character. Ok, so... you could disable right click cycling while hovering over a character. Maybe create a condition for the command interface & inside of your right mouse button settings wrap the cycle command action part with an if query like so...

if condition "example" is true
     set command "next command"
    end if

Then in your mouse over/out you could change the condition to true/false as needed.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #5, by Philipp StumppTuesday, 31. October 2017, 14:43 7 years ago
    Yah, i thought about something like this too. Using conditions. Isn't it kind of stupid that a command ignores a characterarea at all when not letting it be used on characters? Because that means you can not put any code in an action part of a character depending on a "Object only" command button ??

Let me have a try with the condition-thing ...

... i want to have this right-cycling while teh mouse is hovering over the npc. When it enetrs, it changes to a TalkTo as the main suggestion and then you can cycle through all the other options instead the "take" command. Just to make sure that you have the right picture in your head smile

54 Posts

• #6, by Philipp StumppTuesday, 31. October 2017, 15:42 7 years ago
    Hi AFRLme!

It has been so easy! Look at the picture!

Still: I can't set conditions für all the different cursors in the Interface area? Hmmm...

54 Posts

• #7, by sebastianTuesday, 31. October 2017, 17:00 7 years ago
    Sounds like "Klatsche _charactername_" is misleading and could be interpreted as "punch _charactername_". Therefore you skip it? razz 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #8, by Philipp StumppTuesday, 31. October 2017, 17:59 7 years ago
    @Sebastian: Hahaha! I guess sometimes the english speaking members would think: what the hell are the germans coding? .. yes, "Klatsche" is my new Testcursor! (Den klatsche ich meinem Rechner ins Gesicht wenn er nicht spurt!)

54 Posts