comment sets

• #10, by sebastianTuesday, 27. February 2018, 13:58 6 years ago
    ok, thank you. that was, what i thought.

As a workaround just create some "called by another action" Actions in your character which you can call from the object when you use a specific command on it.
    In these actions you can have a random value set and depending on that display a different reaction. 
    When using this method you are also not bound to "only text reactions" because you can put anything in here.

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #11, by constantinTuesday, 27. February 2018, 14:11 6 years ago
    yes, but thats a lot of work. since it doesnt work even with a character that is walking towards an object, i believe, i did something wrong or forgot something. 
    ps: i would love to have a documentation on every action part and how to use it.

Forum Fan

167 Posts

• #12, by esmeraldaTuesday, 27. February 2018, 14:25 6 years ago
    since it doesnt work even with a character that is walking towards an object, i believe, i did something wrong or forgot something. 
    I can imagine you forgot to set an "object position", meaning a position on which the character stands to interact with the object, since you would normaly not need it.

Key Killer

513 Posts

• #13, by constantinTuesday, 27. February 2018, 14:51 6 years ago
    haha, yes, thanks. that was it. thank you esmeralda. i think i will do it with the workaround sebastian suggested. thanks for the ideas.

Forum Fan

167 Posts

• #14, by afrlmeTuesday, 27. February 2018, 15:05 6 years ago
    yes, but thats a lot of work. since it doesnt work even with a character that is walking towards an object, i believe, i did something wrong or forgot something. 
    ps: i would love to have a documentation on every action part and how to use it.
    wouldn't we all but there's somewhere around 200 action parts now if I remember correctly.

Here check this out. It's a brief explanation for each action part. It's a little out of date now as I updated it for 4.x, so it's missing any action parts that were added to later 4.x & 5.x versions of the VS editor.

Imperator

7278 Posts