Android Export - Games over 100MB (Extension Files for Play Store)

• #1, by Johannes Reß-2Sunday, 03. September 2017, 17:27 7 years ago
    Our current game has - when exportet to an .apk file - a filesize of 200MB.

We've tested the game successfully via direct installation on multiple devices, but now we want to upload it to the google play store.

The Play Store has a limition for the apk filesize of 100MB - everything else has to be handled via extension files.

Is there a way, to enable extension files in visionaire? Has anyone dealt with bigger games for Android?

31 Posts

• #2, by TinTinMonday, 04. September 2017, 06:24 7 years ago
    You have to turn on 'obb export' in Android export setting . So it make a low size apk with OBB pack  for you . As far as I know it works under mobile license .

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #3, by Johannes Reß-2Monday, 04. September 2017, 15:12 7 years ago
    Thanks for this Tip! I always thought, that the mobile license is only for selling games in the stores - since our game will be free of charge we didn't had this license.

I bought the license today, but can not find a way to activate the license. I re-downloaded VS5 with the new license key we got, but I get still the message, that a license is missing, when trying to export with Obb.

Can one give me a hint, how to activate the license?

31 Posts

• #4, by SimonSMonday, 04. September 2017, 15:28 7 years ago
    You don't need the mobile license for this export (You can still use it for your next commercial game). The options for that are on the right side if you select Android. Check obb export. You also need to setup the android console for this and obtain a expansion base64, this is the public base64 key in the API section. A game that used this is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visionaire...

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #5, by TinTinMonday, 04. September 2017, 15:42 7 years ago
    When I check OBB . I get this message :

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #6, by SimonSMonday, 04. September 2017, 15:44 7 years ago
    You need to enter a license key from the google api at ExpLicenseB64.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #7, by TinTinMonday, 04. September 2017, 15:46 7 years ago
    Ah OK. I was wrong. I thought it's about your license and terms

Sounds of great .Thanks Simon

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #8, by Johannes Reß-2Wednesday, 06. September 2017, 20:02 7 years ago
    The export worked now and I got apk and an obb file and both could be uploaded to the Google Play Store.

Sadly the next problem is, that the app can not download the expansion file. When the app starts, it shows just a progressbar with 0%, but nothing happens. 

Is there anything else to consider, when using this? Has anyone else experience with this feature here?

31 Posts

• #9, by SimonSSaturday, 09. September 2017, 00:08 7 years ago
    Tested the system again today with the play store and it works. What are your export settings ? Is the expansion version correct ?

Thread Captain

1580 Posts