Adventure Game Competition 2014

• #1, by OlliebrownFriday, 31. October 2014, 16:02 10 years ago
    I just received info about this via email. Is there a web page somewhere with the same info? I'd like to share this with my game design students and get them interested in Visionaire and adventure game creation as well as encourage them to enter!

Thanks!
    Seth B.

4 Posts

• #2, by marvelFriday, 31. October 2014, 16:09 10 years ago
    Hi Seth, I'm about to write an article here and facebook as well. It should be there in some minutes wink

Best, Thomas

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #3, by omegavilleFriday, 31. October 2014, 16:45 10 years ago
    In order to enter this contest, do we use your engine and if so, do we need to purchase it?, or do we do all of the programming, etc. for it using a development software and if so what do you recommend.

Arnold

3 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeFriday, 31. October 2014, 16:50 10 years ago
    You need to use the Visionaire Studio engine. You can use the evaluation (demo) version to enter. Winners & runners up win licenses anyway which means you could end up getting a license for free.

Like Construct 2, Visionaire Studio requires no programming knowledge as you can develop your game using the built in actions, queries & effects etc. There is a script editor for people who prefer to write out code instead. Lua is the supported scripting language for VS.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #5, by omegavilleFriday, 31. October 2014, 17:18 10 years ago
    Thank you for the info.

3 Posts

• #6, by omegavilleFriday, 31. October 2014, 17:21 10 years ago
    I apologize, Do we just download the program we are interested in using and is there the evaluation part of the program or is there a different link for the evaluation version? I apologize for asking such a basic question but I am new to the Visionaire software platform.

Arnold

3 Posts

• #7, by afrlmeFriday, 31. October 2014, 17:25 10 years ago
    http://www.visionaire-studio.net/cms/visionaire4-english

You can download it from the link above in the freeware block. Both windows & mac versions of the editor are available.

& don't worry about it. It's a forum. Questions are meant to be asked.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #8, by marvelFriday, 31. October 2014, 17:26 10 years ago
    Here's an official post in the news area regarding the competition:

http://www.visionaire-studio.net/news/article/adventure-game...

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #9, by afrlmeFriday, 31. October 2014, 17:35 10 years ago
    P.S: VS has support for openGL ES 2.0. It says you know openGL so maybe you will be able to come up with some nice custom functions/effects. It also says you know C & java, which means you shouldn't have any trouble with Lua script (if you decided to go down scripting route). There's plenty of lua script examples & syntax available in the vs wiki.

Imperator

7278 Posts