Constructive criticism or not, doesn't bother me. Ok so to answer some of your questions/points...
1. The official documentation is & will be on the wiki. (link is on the menu above).
2. The old 2d wiki is more complete but is very out of date.
3. VS has changed a lot since 3.7.1 to 4.0.
4. Since 4.0 (or rather since Simon joined the dev team) VS has been getting overhauled, along with new features & improvements at a much faster rate which means the vs editor/engine is constantly changing.
5. Visionaire Studio is not a full time business/commercial product/project. Most of the people working on it are doing so as an hobby in their free time & don't get paid.
6. I am not a dev, I just provide support & documentation in my spare time. I also don't get paid, so there's nothing to warrant me sitting & working on finishing the documentation every day. I am also the only native English speaker on the team, although Alex & Simon's grasp of the English language is excellent
One of the forum members (redspark) is currently working on a video tutorial series of how to get started in making your first game with Visionaire Studio. He's already uploaded 3 videos for it, with more to come. They are in English too.
I would also like to point out that Simon is currently working on creating a new custom GUI for the Visionaire Studio IDE which means that most of the documentation will no longer be valid once that comes out & will probably have to be rewritten again from scratch. Having said that, I have no idea when that will be ready for release.
I'm not sure why you think there is no documentation in regards to Lua script. It is probably the most heavily documented area of the wiki because it's mostly what I tend to focus on.http://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net
-- new wikihttp://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Manual
-- manual (incomplete but mostly written by me)http://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Tutorials
-- tutorials (video/text-image based by myself & other members)Lua documentationhttp://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Scripting
-- introduction to lua scripting in VS with examples.http://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Data_Structure
-- list of vs data tables/fields that can be accessed with luahttp://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Player_Commands
-- list of exclusive vs lua functions with exampleshttp://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Common_Commands
-- same as above but editor relatedhttp://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Remote_Debugging
-- not sure about this (David wrote/created it)http://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Basic_lua:_Index
-- a beginners guide to lua that I have been working onhttp://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Compiled_Index_of_Lu...
-- a massive script index list full of scripts & examples written by myself, other team members & the vs community