Visionaire Update 5.0.7

• #1, by SimonSFriday, 28. September 2018, 22:47 6 years ago
    Hi everyone,
    update 5.0.7 is here, the first version had bugs, if you still have that redownload, else the editor will tell you that there is new version tomorrow.
    Links as usual:
    Full Version:
    Free Version:
    Fixes:
    - double click not working correctly
    - unlikely crash when loading a ved in the editor
    - scene volume was 100 when creating a scene
    - particle curve editor are overlapping
    - textures were repeated by default, now to clamp to border by default
    - settings for reverb overlapping
    - walk destination is not updated
    - character state is not updated
    - scene settings move down if scrolled
    - model animations are not reloaded if changed
    - audio: scale not saved
    Changes:
    - Lua 5.3
    Many lua scripts won't work now and need the be revised. Here are some hints:
    table.getn, table.maxn is now done via #
    loadstring is now load
    - spine updated (haven't tested)
    - rumble can now set left and right indepently
    - allow pausing video and showing interfaces (whoever uses that)
    - allow movebefore if creating and duplicating objects/buttons
    - wait for cutscenes to complete before another can start
    - assembler view for shader (win only)
    The iOS version is not finished yet, I need some more time...
    Now some words for the new visual scripting system:
    It's still experimental, but some things can be done. I will patch more functionality in the next weeks probably.
    Currently windows-only, crashes on Mac, and I'm not even thinking about the arm port.
    I'll later do some docs on it, when all listed blocks are working, basicly you create an eventhandler (try globalmouseevent) and the you can build methods, afterwards the interface must be linked in game behaviours.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #2, by sebastianFriday, 28. September 2018, 23:21 6 years ago
    you're a machine, Simon smile
    Thanks for the new enhancements. Hope to see the bugfixes soon,but as always take your time you need to do it properly. 

I just recorded a tutorial in the prior version. Hope that it will survive the update grin

As mentioned in the Discord dev channel: maybe it would be a great idea to implement "beta builds" where these Versions get only downloaded when you tick a checkbox in the editor settings. By this you would prevent accidental upgrades by customers.

~Sebastian 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #3, by TinTinSaturday, 29. September 2018, 09:07 6 years ago
    Great works Simon!!!

1) After compiling to Mac, Linux,...I have a crash and exit but it makes files. Export to exe haven't crash.

2) Is it possible a guide or video for visual blocks? It's so interesting smile

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #4, by MateuszSaturday, 29. September 2018, 17:13 6 years ago
    Since I experienced some problems with last release I'm now hesistant to update. Yet one of listed bugfixes "bugs me":
    - "doubleclick not working correctly".

Can someone please explain what exacly does it fix? I don't use doubleclick ("doubleclick" not defined/not linked to any action in gamesettings), yet I have strange problem with forementioned - when I accidentaly doubleclick, engine registers not two but three clicks. Problem is reproductable on different PC's. It's nothing gamebreaking, but it can be annoying, especially during QTE sequences. 

59 Posts

• #5, by stered86Saturday, 29. September 2018, 17:29 6 years ago
    Since I experienced some problems with last release I'm now hesistant to update. Yet one of listed bugfixes "bugs me":
    - "doubleclick not working correctly".

Can someone please explain what exacly does it fix? I don't use doubleclick ("doubleclick" not defined/not linked to any action in gamesettings), yet I have strange problem with forementioned - when I accidentaly doubleclick, engine registers not two but three clicks. Problem is reproductable on different PC's. It's nothing gamebreaking, but it can be annoying, especially during QTE sequences. 

Same here, can I ask you what kind of problems did you have?

62 Posts

• #6, by afrlmeSaturday, 29. September 2018, 17:58 6 years ago
    no idea. I can't get double click to register with the Lua mouseEventhandler. It doesn't get past down & released for me - seems I can only register double click with 3 quick presses of the left mouse button.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #7, by MateuszSaturday, 29. September 2018, 19:17 6 years ago
    As for kind of "doublecklick" issue we're experiencing in 5.0.6:

In the game, once you do a double-click (just like you would in Windows to start a program from desktop), the game acts like the left mouse button was pressed 3 times, not 2 (in other words - it registers an additional click that didn't physically happen). This only happens when you do 2 left-clicks in quick succession. If you click and then click again after a second or so, everything is fine. We DON'T have anything set for double click in Game Settings Tab. This was tested on 4 separate computers, so it's not Windows/hardware related for sure.

@stered
    When 5.0.6 was released, there was a big problem with oddly behaving animations (it was fixed a day later by VS team or so, so no biggie really). We still have "kind of" doublecklick issue (as explained earleir) and I'm experiencing problems with erratic behaviour of condition - linked scene objects that consists of animations (they kinda dissapear - kinda not when linked condition is switched to false).

I would gladly download 5.07 and test if one way or another some of my problems were eliminated, but since there is no depository (at least one I'm aware of) with instalers of past versions I thought I just ask about what "doublecklick bugfix" really fixes. I can't relate to mouseEventhandler as I has zero idea what the hell it is (since we build our game with actionparts only an our scripting knowledge is zero unless copy/paste of some vanity scripts from forums counts as programming).

59 Posts

• #8, by afrlmeSaturday, 29. September 2018, 20:09 6 years ago
    mouseEvent is an event listener, more specifically it's handled by Lua script. Simon is referring to using that event inside of the new visual scripting system.

I have no idea if I'm using the visual scripting system correctly, but anyway, that's a quick example of a mouse event.

Maybe Simon was referring to the accidental skipping of texts when you left click?

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #9, by joemidSunday, 30. September 2018, 00:56 6 years ago
    It is easy enough through the update to install 5.0.7 to a new folder you can even rename the exe.  Back up your current build and when you open in 5.0.7 save as a new file- with some sort of notation (I use "yourgamefile"_507) so you can tell to which version the ved belongs.

87 Posts

• #10, by MateuszSunday, 30. September 2018, 04:31 6 years ago
    @joemid
    TY for hint, turned out to be really usefull smile

Our problem with doubleclick being count as triple-click seems to be resolved.

59 Posts

• #11, by stered86Sunday, 30. September 2018, 11:16 6 years ago
    I'm getting a very strange behaviour with my leftclick. Sometimes when I click on the floor the character just teleport himself randomly, often getting stucked outside of the walking area. 

I think I'll have to build my demo from scratch, because I didn't think about creating a backup copy and now I can't go back to 5.06...

62 Posts