Visionaire 5.0.4 update released

• #10, by SimonSTuesday, 27. March 2018, 11:44 6 years ago
    @AFRLme: start color overlay is here since RC2.

tween value tweens a value, can be used for the sound system.

@TinTin: I need more info about your configuration, how many turn animations do you have and from where to where do they turn ?

Did the walk sound value ever go down when the character walks back ?

@Atrus: If you start on scene the game will set this character.

@esmeralda: It seems some operators are not correctly working for the dialog part values. I'll collect bugs as always and then fix them in a bundle.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #11, by afrlmeTuesday, 27. March 2018, 12:20 6 years ago
    @AFRLme: start color overlay is here since RC2.
    Really? I never noticed. grin
    To be honest I don't remember, but then again I've been using a more dynamic approach since day one anyway. It's an interesting idea. Base the volume on the scale of the character, but it should be made optional if you decide to implement it as maybe not everyone will want it to work like that.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #12, by wimfTuesday, 27. March 2018, 13:06 6 years ago
    Thank you for your update Simon, nice update.

I agree with AFRLme. Here is my example how I proceeded in my project (I did not use lua but I did not reduce the volume when the character moves away, but it's a good idea smile)

For step sounds, I used a value in each of my scenes. Then, I then defined in "At beginning of scene" :

-- normal Ground

Value 'walksound' = 1

-- grass

Value 'walksound' = 2

-- floor tile

Value 'walksound' = 3

-- water

Value 'walksound' = 4

After, in each keyframe where the foot of the character touch the ground, I put an action:

If value 'walksound' = 1

Play sound 'normalground.ogg'

Else

If value 'walksound' = 2

Play sound 'grass.ogg'

Else

If value 'walksound' = 3

Play sound 'floortile.ogg'

Else

If value 'walksound' = 4

Play sound 'water.ogg'

End if

End if

End if

And in some scenes, I added in Way systems, Action area, one of the values 1,2,3 or 4 (for example, if in the room there is an area with water, I define the zone of water in action area like this:

Execution type : Character enters aera

Value 'walksound' = 4

and

Execution type : Character leaves area

value 'walksound' = 1

Forum Fan

238 Posts

• #13, by trepnTuesday, 27. March 2018, 14:23 6 years ago
    I'm experiencing some issues with zooming since the update, see here: http://recordit.co/bil0RDTcSB

I'm on a Mac

60 Posts

• #14, by esmeraldaTuesday, 27. March 2018, 15:10 6 years ago
    I'm experiencing some issues with zooming since the update, see here: http://recordit.co/bil0RDTcSB

I'm on a Mac
    Yep, same here on windows. 
    In the characters tab the zoom doesn't react at all.

Key Killer

513 Posts

• #15, by TinTinTuesday, 27. March 2018, 17:05 6 years ago

@TinTin: I need more info about your configuration, how many turn animations do you have and from where to where do they turn ?

It's my Turning page. VS play it in random for me.

Footstep sounds works up and down volume automatically in the previous version ( Final 5.0)

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #16, by sebastianTuesday, 27. March 2018, 17:54 6 years ago

It's my Turning page. VS play it in random for me.

Footstep sounds works up and down volume automatically in the previous version ( Final 5.0)

ive never experienced a builtin footstep volume change depending on character position. In fact it makes no sense having it automatically change because the engine doesnt know whats intended by the programmer.

Regarding turn animations: i think there are some animations missing. What about when the character stands SW and needs to turn to N? Depending on that it will not work like you want. 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #17, by esmeraldaTuesday, 27. March 2018, 18:21 6 years ago

Regarding turn animations: i think there are some animations missing. What about when the character stands SW and needs to turn to N? Depending on that it will not work like you want. 
    The problem with the turn animations is the inconsistent behavior. When turning left to right (there is an animation for that) the character turns sometimes and sometimes not. No idea why.
    It worked fine with only one turn animation (same direction in/out).  (can't test, if it still works in the updated version, because I can't put in the animation due to the zooming problem - my character is on the bigger side, so I need to zoom out to place the animation center)

Key Killer

513 Posts

• #18, by TinTinTuesday, 27. March 2018, 18:37 6 years ago

It's "SW" to "NE". No "N". It's a diagonal direction that I need it.

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #19, by loro-gamesTuesday, 27. March 2018, 18:40 6 years ago
    I think the zoom issue seems to be affecting dialogue areas as well. For some reason I am not able to see my dialog-area background after importing. Also its not possible to add the text-area. It seems glitchy.

64 Posts

• #20, by esmeraldaWednesday, 28. March 2018, 12:10 6 years ago
    I have a request for future updates.
    Could you make it possible to manually enter a number higher than 1000 in the coordinate display of the animation center in the character tab?

Key Killer

513 Posts