Unity3D vs Visionaire 4

• #10, by afrlmeSaturday, 26. April 2014, 16:07 10 years ago
    The mobile license isn't really just for mobile export. It is for no limitations digital distribution of all 5 target platforms (windows, mac, linux, ios, & android). Also there is no limit for how much you can receive from crowdfunding. The only limitation is that you can not offer your game as a physical product in the pledge prizes or after the campaign. If you want to offer your game as a physical product then you need to purchase the pro license (per title) which has no limitations at all & no enforcements of any kind such as branding/watermark.

Sure the mobile license could probably be lowered to half current price or even €99 (per title) which I think would be acceptable. Having said that I'm not sure that Thomas or Alex will be willing to edit the current license plan any further. Besides we've already reduced both the commercial licenses by over €1k & removed the royalty tax. If we reduced it again, then people would assume we could reduce it further still... where would it end? wink

In regards to the monthly subscription for UDK - I hope we will be able to sort out a similar plan at a future date (cheaper than udk, obviously), as I believe it would be welcomed by people on low incomes, or kids/students that can't afford to spend x lump sum in one go.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #11, by const4ntineSaturday, 26. April 2014, 16:45 10 years ago
    The mobile license isn't really just for mobile export. It is for no limitations digital distribution of all 5 target platforms (windows, mac, linux, ios, & android). Also there is no limit for how much you can receive from crowdfunding. The only limitation is that you can not offer your game as a physical product in the pledge prizes or after the campaign. If you want to offer your game as a physical product then you need to purchase the pro license (per title) which has no limitations at all & no enforcements of any kind such as branding/watermark.

I have read & understand the mobile license terms. My point is it's too expensive.
    As I said Visionaire is nice engine but looks like Unity + Adventure Creator can do same the thing + full 3D (ok no video playback in free version) all for 70$ with no additional fees. Even UDK, at this time, most powerful game engine is better deal then V4 Mobile license.

Sure the mobile license could probably be lowered to half current price or even €99 (per title) which I think would be acceptable. Having said that I'm not sure that Thomas or Alex will be willing to edit the current license plan any further.

It'll be better to pay once. How can I pay for game I created when I didn't even started selling it...

14 Posts

• #12, by AlexSaturday, 26. April 2014, 17:14 10 years ago
    the idea is that you create a desktop game which you can later on also publish on mobile devices. Therefor making your game available to hundreds of millions of users. If you sell your game the chances are very high that you will generate a high revenue, thus making the mobile license easily affordable. All assuming that you make a high quality game. If you just want to create a game for fun then maybe you should consider to offer it as freeware which has no additional license costs.

It is true that the mobile license is not well suited for small/mini adventures (unless they are freeware). But as mentioned above we are mainly addressing "full" adventure games.

Comparing Unreal to Vis makes no sense at all since UE4 is a 3D engine. btw it has a percentage fee (+ 20 EUR/month) which you heavily criticized for Visionaire previously.

Great Poster

378 Posts

• #13, by marvelSaturday, 26. April 2014, 17:20 10 years ago
    @const4ntine: Accept our terms and stay with visionaire... or go to a different engine. smile It's totally up to you.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #14, by const4ntineSaturday, 26. April 2014, 17:28 10 years ago
    the idea is that you create a desktop game which you can later on also publish on mobile devices. Therefor making your game available to hundreds of millions of users. If you sell your game the chances are very high that you will generate a high revenue, thus making the mobile license easily affordable. All assuming that you make a high quality game. If you just want to create a game for fun then maybe you should consider to offer it as freeware which has no additional license costs.

But I'm totally not interested in PC market. Only mobile market.

Comparing Unreal to Vis makes no sense at all since UE4 is a 3D engine. btw it has a percentage fee (+ 20 EUR/month) which you heavily criticized for Visionaire previously.

What I comparing is Unity with Adventure Creator and Vis4 mobile license. I know Unity is 3D engine but it doesn't have any problems with 2D (or 2,5D).

@const4ntine: Accept our terms and stay with visionaire... or go to an different engine. smile It's totally up to you.

Your terms are unacceptable for me at this time, but thanks helping me to decide smile

14 Posts

• #15, by marvelSaturday, 26. April 2014, 17:32 10 years ago
    Your terms are unacceptable for me at this time, but thanks helping me to decide smile

You are welcome wink

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #16, by ocimpeanSaturday, 26. April 2014, 18:40 10 years ago
    It is nice that people from the community try to make a list of programs available for making games. It seems the issue is with the export to mobile right now. All of the programs I know charge extra for this feature, unfortunately. Unity3d has separate plans for each mobile platform, and a second level, the pro licenses. I think also Construct is offering export to mobile.

17 Posts

• #17, by const4ntineSaturday, 26. April 2014, 19:27 10 years ago
    It is nice that people from the community try to make a list of programs available for making games. It seems the issue is with the export to mobile right now. All of the programs I know charge extra for this feature, unfortunately. Unity3d has separate plans for each mobile platform, and a second level, the pro licenses. I think also Construct is offering export to mobile.

OK so here is a list of game engines where you can make game without programming (for most devices):

1. Visionaire
    2. Game Maker Studio
    3. Unity3D (with plugins only)
    4. GameSalad
    5. Construct 2

14 Posts