The tutorials by Suro are probably well past their sell buy date by now, so there's no guarantee that everything in them will still be valid let alone relevant.
1. Did you add animations for both active & inactive cursor states?
2. Did you set the animation center (interaction position) for each of the cursor animations?
3. The interface, did you create a button set to command type & did you assign the cursor in the properties tab for said button?
4. Did you assign the interface to the main character inside of the interface tab of the relevant playable character?
5. Quick note: menu type scenes require you to specify a cursor inside of the scene properties tab as they aren't classed as playable scenes.
6. You need to assign fonts inside the properties tab of each character for display texts, dialog selection, dialog fonts & so on.
Quick question: are you planning on migrating your Nelson game over from Unity to Visionaire Studio? If so, then could you please explain why?