Building in Mac OSX

  • #1, by BenmirathTuesday, 29. April 2014, 10:18 6 years ago
    Hi there,
    I recently purchased a license for the new editor, and have run into some problems getting a working build up and running. So far when I've tried to build my game, it seems to complete without issue, but triggers an error when I attempt to run it using the visplayer file (I've attached an image of the error). Normally I'd check the messages log, but I don't know where that is located now in the mac file structure. Any tips?

    This might be related, but I also noticed this article while googling about the problem. It seems a bit older, before the official release. Is this still the case? I definitely have made use of .mp3s, so should I convert everything to .oggs?
    http://www.visionaire-studio.net/news/article/visionaire-for...

    Thanks, any help is appreciated!
    Ben

    Newbie

    31 Posts


  • #2, by Marian77Tuesday, 29. April 2014, 13:23 6 years ago
    Hi, I had the same problem when I tried tu build the game. I could solve the problem by avoiding blanks in the filenames plus giving every object like background images, animation sequences etc. a separate folder. For example, the 12 frames for the animation sequence for walking west has an own folder containing nothing else but this single sequence.

    Forum Fan

    231 Posts

  • #3, by BigStansTuesday, 29. April 2014, 18:49 6 years ago
    Will check it smile

    Great Poster

    361 Posts

  • #4, by BenmirathWednesday, 30. April 2014, 17:23 6 years ago
    Hi Marian,
    Alright, thanks for the suggestion. I believe I've done that to some extent, but I'll go back through my project and make sure there are no spaces in any of the folder or file names. Having a separate folder for each batch of related images seems a bit extreme, but I'll try that next if removing any spaces doesn't fix the problem.
    Thanks!

    Newbie

    31 Posts

  • #5, by BenmirathSaturday, 03. May 2014, 17:06 6 years ago
    Well, I found a solution to the problem I was encountering. Turns out the issue was that there were spaces in the game file name itself. Removing those solved the issue and got the build working.

    Newbie

    31 Posts

  • #6, by BigStansWednesday, 07. May 2014, 01:12 6 years ago
    fixed in the next update.
    The vis filename can have spaces.

    Great Poster

    361 Posts

Write post