Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #250, by sebastianWednesday, 15. March 2017, 21:45 7 years ago
    If the particle source has a position and the character also one, one would have to be able to assign them both easily. Of course with Lua (ParticlePosX and Y).
    Seems however not to be editable.

doesnt seem to work/update the location in my tests^^
    Its not really needed by me right now. Just thought of it that it would be really nice smile Id like to have some burning npcs (for example) in the future and dont want to animate the fire when they run around in pain....

screaming..... 

dying......

brutal.

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #251, by SimonSFriday, 17. March 2017, 11:29 7 years ago
    It's not yet possible. Also particle systems are multi-instanced, so changing the ParticleContainer does nothing. There will syntax for that in the future but I don't know yet how it will look.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #252, by LebosteinFriday, 17. March 2017, 15:23 7 years ago
    If the particle source has a position and the character also one, one would have to be able to assign them both easily.
    Its not really needed by me right now. Just thought of it that it would be really nice smile
    It is absolutely necessary for a Charlie Brown Adventure: ;-)
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/peanuts/images/b/bd/Pigpen.jpg

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #253, by MachtnixSaturday, 18. March 2017, 16:49 7 years ago
    (Googlesmile

Ich habe noch nie 3D-Personen in Visionaire verwendet. Es gibt doch keine "echte" 3D-Welt, richtig? Was spricht also dagegen, das Feuer als Maske jedem Frame (in einem bestimmten Outfit) hinzufügen? Alle Bewegungen und Effekte erstellt man doch ohnehin in einem anderen Programm, oder? Partikel in Visionaire habe ich für Springbrunnen und Schneefall verwendet, aber es war mühsam, den Emitter exakt zu plazieren.

I have never used 3D people in Visionaire. There is no "real" 3D world, right? So what does it mean to add the fire as a mask to every frame (in a certain outfit)? All movements and effects are created anyway in another program, right? Particles in visionaire I used for fountains and snowfall, but it was tedious to place the emitter exactly.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #254, by sebastianSunday, 19. March 2017, 18:18 7 years ago
    while recreating my game's settings menu i recently came accross a bug again which is nagging me all the time since the beginning:

When editing the key or mouse actions (or other actions which get opened via the "lightning" symbol) I can't copy/paste via the commands cmd+c / cmd+v. Instead it just closes the action editing window. Its very frustrating for me roll
    Don't know if this is only a Mac OS issue or a general bug in VS. 

Hope that his will get addressed in VS5 smile

By the way: How is development going? 

kind regards
    Sebastian

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #255, by F_KalMonday, 20. March 2017, 16:00 7 years ago
    @sebastian, yes! I'm having this issue too (I'm on OSX aswell)

Forum Fan

107 Posts

• #256, by darren-beckettWednesday, 22. March 2017, 17:05 7 years ago
    Hi Guys,

Is there a new Android player available yet?

The current Android Player is lacking the libcurl update and the new VS5 features.

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #257, by sebastianWednesday, 22. March 2017, 17:06 7 years ago
    i guess it'll vome with VS5

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #258, by darren-beckettWednesday, 22. March 2017, 17:24 7 years ago
    i guess it'll come with VS5
    I think the Android player APK will be included within VS5. Then when exporting/building for android, the player will be automatically modified and added to the output APK.

Can this be confirmed?

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #259, by marvelThursday, 23. March 2017, 12:34 7 years ago
    Developers Note: We finished the new action part system. Now it's not only possible to type action parts - you also have a search display and can just choose/pick the fitting one. 

Example:
    Type "Ch" and a list of all fitting action parts will be shown. Like "hide character", "show character", "send character", etc. Pretty convenient, I tell you. grin

@Darren/Apk:
    Yes. wink

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #260, by afrlmeThursday, 23. March 2017, 13:04 7 years ago
    Developers Note: We finished the new action part system. Now it's not only possible to type action parts - you also have a search display and can just choose/pick the fitting one. 

Example:
    Type "Ch" and a list of all fitting action parts will be shown. Like "hide character", "show character", "send character", etc. Pretty convenient, I tell you. grin

@Darren/Apk:
    Yes. wink
    Nice. An auto-complete system of sorts. grin

Now here's hoping Simon will get around to sorting out an auto-complete system for the scripting side of VS at some point in the future.

Imperator

7278 Posts