Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #240, by MachtnixTuesday, 14. March 2017, 22:01 7 years ago
    Ich verstehe die letzten Beiträge nur Bahnhof und das Problem erst recht nicht:
    Es geht darum das ich das etablierte, professionelle Dreh- und Animationssystem von BF mit Visionaire nachbauen und vergleichen wollte.
    Wenn es ein implantiertes System ist, nützen die Sprites doch nichts.

Wenn ihr nur die Frames braucht, warum sucht ihr euch nicht eine ruhige Szene, startet ein Capture- / Bildfang smile -Programm, lasst die Figur ein paar Mal um die Kurve laufen und analysiert die Einzelframes später in einem Filmprogramm?
    Ich bezweifele außerdem, dass es nun das beste Um-die-Ecke-Laufen der Welt ist. Schließlich gibt es noch Konsolenspiele... wink

Habs aber nie gespielt und nie gesehen. Kann mir keine Vorstellung davon machen. Sprites von Final Fantasy und anderen alten Spielen habe ich jedenfalls schon mal bei Deviantart gesehen, vielleicht hat ja dort jemand Sprite-Sheeds erstellt (da findet man ja wirklich fast alles).

Ansonsten stimme ich meinen Vorrednern zu: es gibt doch unendlich viele Vorlagen.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #241, by afrlmeTuesday, 14. March 2017, 22:19 7 years ago
    @ Machtnix: I couldn't find any extracted sprite/character sheets for any of the Broken Sword games. I still think the best thing to do would be to film a person walking & turning & so on in front of a green screen & then use that, because I guarantee it would be a damn site more accurate than any drawing - regardless of how nice Broken Sword 1 & 2 animations are.

You only have to look at the original Prince of Persia game for example to see how natural & fluid the animation are when using film/photos to rotoscope over. Toonstruck just stuck animated still frames of Christopher Lloyd into the game instead of drawing over him.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #242, by ArtNovaWednesday, 15. March 2017, 12:56 7 years ago
    Hi!
    I have a question: Will it be possible to create a typewriter effect for dialogues in Visionaire Studio 5?

41 Posts

• #243, by afrlmeWednesday, 15. March 2017, 13:12 7 years ago
    Hi!
    I have a question: Will it be possible to create a typewriter effect for dialogues in Visionaire Studio 5?
    Simon said there would be some text effects/transitions, but I don't know the specifics. You can already technically create a typewriter effect with Lua script, a VS value & a display text inside of a looping action block.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #244, by ArtNovaWednesday, 15. March 2017, 13:54 7 years ago
    Thank you, Lee.

41 Posts

• #245, by MachtnixWednesday, 15. March 2017, 17:29 7 years ago
    Make a dialog like this:
    H
    Pause
    Ha
    Pause
    Hal
    Pause
    Hall
    Pause
    Hallo

wink wink wink

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #246, by afrlmeWednesday, 15. March 2017, 18:51 7 years ago
    Make a dialog like this:
    H
    Pause
    Ha
    Pause
    Hal
    Pause
    Hall
    Pause
    Hallo

wink wink wink

Aye, you could manually do it inside of a single display text by using the p pause tags, didn't really think about that, but then again... I'm not sure if I could be bothered to type out something like that in a display text. Much easier to create a looping action block using jump to x action part & then incrementing a value to insert the character related to the current number to the string field of a value or using string.sub to replace current string with text from character 1 to current incremented value.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #247, by MachtnixWednesday, 15. March 2017, 19:50 7 years ago
    (Google-Übersetzersmile

Of course, but I don't know how this works.

I use Lua only when it is absolutely necessary. Most of the time, I only take scripts and try to make it work for me some time (especially with the syntax, as I always test all spellings that come to my mind) ... So if it is possible with actions: always with the solutions...

;-)

Ehrlich: wenn ich diesen Text lese, weiß ich selbst nicht, was ich eigentlich sagen wollte...

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #248, by sebastianWednesday, 15. March 2017, 20:16 7 years ago
    Does anyone know if it will be possible to bind particle effects to characters in VS5? So that when the chars move, the particle source will move with it?

I would love to see this in one ove the next updates

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #249, by MachtnixWednesday, 15. March 2017, 21:03 7 years ago
    If the particle source has a position and the character also one, one would have to be able to assign them both easily. Of course with Lua (ParticlePosX and Y).
    Seems however not to be editable.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #250, by sebastianWednesday, 15. March 2017, 21:45 7 years ago
    If the particle source has a position and the character also one, one would have to be able to assign them both easily. Of course with Lua (ParticlePosX and Y).
    Seems however not to be editable.

doesnt seem to work/update the location in my tests^^
    Its not really needed by me right now. Just thought of it that it would be really nice smile Id like to have some burning npcs (for example) in the future and dont want to animate the fire when they run around in pain....

screaming..... 

dying......

brutal.

Thread Captain

2346 Posts