Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #260, by afrlmeThursday, 23. March 2017, 13:04 7 years ago
    Developers Note: We finished the new action part system. Now it's not only possible to type action parts - you also have a search display and can just choose/pick the fitting one. 

Example:
    Type "Ch" and a list of all fitting action parts will be shown. Like "hide character", "show character", "send character", etc. Pretty convenient, I tell you. grin

@Darren/Apk:
    Yes. wink
    Nice. An auto-complete system of sorts. grin

Now here's hoping Simon will get around to sorting out an auto-complete system for the scripting side of VS at some point in the future.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #261, by simpliciusSaturday, 25. March 2017, 02:21 7 years ago
    Are we still looking for bugs? I got some reproducible crashes (exit to desktop) when using the explorer, for example when clicking on the [+] to open "eGame/../GameCursors" (but happens on certain others as well).

14 Posts

• #262, by dionousMonday, 27. March 2017, 09:46 7 years ago
    Hello to all,

Need to get a mobile license for VS, and ofcourse i prefer to get the upcoming version 5. However i can see that if i purchase v4 now, i have to get a new one for v5:

So is this still valid? Or we can upgrade our v4 licenses to v5? Also when is the expected release of v5? Is there at least a rough estimate just to know how to proceed?

Thanks!

Forum Fan

246 Posts

• #263, by afrlmeMonday, 27. March 2017, 11:39 7 years ago
    Hello to all,

Need to get a mobile license for VS, and ofcourse i prefer to get the upcoming version 5. However i can see that if i purchase v4 now, i have to get a new one for v5:

So is this still valid? Or we can upgrade our v4 licenses to v5? Also when is the expected release of v5? Is there at least a rough estimate just to know how to proceed?

Thanks!

Please note that the mobile & professional licenses are only for a single game. You only need to purchase one of those when you are ready to release your game - if you plan on releasing for mobile platforms &/or as a physical product in retail stores or you have signed on with a publisher.

For development & testing you can feel free to use the evaluation version of Visionaire Studio or one of the cheap indie licenses which allow you to develop & make as many games as you like. You can export tests for mobile platforms with the indie licenses too, you just can't sell your games on mobile platforms/stores with it, only digital copies of your game for windows, mac & linux.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #264, by dionousMonday, 27. March 2017, 12:01 7 years ago
    Thanks AFRLme,

We are working on a demo game and we need some kind of license so that we can work with more than 10 scenes and ofcourse build the game.

So we are not gonna sell any game at this time, just release the demo. The final game needs some time, so how to proceed for the time being? We are willing to pay for a license if we have to in order to release the demo, but i wouldn't like to pay for two licenses ofcourse, one for v4 and another for v5.

Forum Fan

246 Posts

• #265, by afrlmeMonday, 27. March 2017, 12:32 7 years ago
    Thanks AFRLme,

We are working on a demo game and we need some kind of license so that we can work with more than 10 scenes and ofcourse build the game.

So we are not gonna sell any game at this time, just release the demo. The final game needs some time, so how to proceed for the time being? We are willing to pay for a license if we have to in order to release the demo, but i wouldn't like to pay for two licenses ofcourse, one for v4 and another for v5.

VS5 is included in 4.x license as far as I'm aware due to the lack of updates of 4.x. Simon or Thomas will have to confirm. At minimum you will need a indie single or multi-user license which allows you to develop & export as many games as you like for windows, mac & linux (digital copies only) & also to export to any other available platform (for testing purposes only).

Mobile & Professional actually come with indie multi-user licenses but there's no need to purchase either of those until you are ready to release & only then if you are releasing on a mobile platform, as a physical boxed product in a retail store or have signed a contract with a third party publisher - if you have signed a contract with a publisher then you will need a professional license regardless of how you intend to distribute your game. X platform, y platform, for money or for free.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #266, by DrGonzoMonday, 27. March 2017, 13:00 7 years ago
    Hi atrus,
    I'm at the very same point you are right now smile
    Not knowing when to exactly purchase. Thomas told me to just wait a few weeks till VS5 is going to be released before buying a license. At least that's how I understood him. If AFRLme is right here, I will buy a license just right now and upgrade later then... Can anyone confirm this?

21 Posts

• #267, by dionousMonday, 27. March 2017, 13:54 7 years ago
    Thanks all,

At least that's how I understood him. If AFRLme is right here, I will buy a license just right now and upgrade later then... Can anyone confirm this?
    Yeap, it would be nice to have this confirmation.

Forum Fan

246 Posts

• #268, by afrlmeMonday, 27. March 2017, 14:16 7 years ago
    Thanks all,

At least that's how I understood him. If AFRLme is right here, I will buy a license just right now and upgrade later then... Can anyone confirm this?
    Yeap, it would be nice to have this confirmation.

Only Thomas (Marvel) can confirm this.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #269, by SimonSTuesday, 28. March 2017, 12:17 7 years ago
    Official statement: Vis 4 licenses apply to Vis 5.

@simplicius: I got the crashlog and I had already fixed that a month ago or so. Seems about time for the final, but too much "you need this here for the final"...

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #270, by DrGonzoTuesday, 28. March 2017, 12:21 7 years ago
    Wow, thank you Simon for officially confirming this!
    I'll by a license istantly smile

21 Posts