Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #270, by DrGonzoTuesday, 28. March 2017, 12:21 7 years ago
    Wow, thank you Simon for officially confirming this!
    I'll by a license istantly smile

21 Posts

• #271, by dionousTuesday, 28. March 2017, 12:44 7 years ago
    Thanks Simon, this helps us alot!

I also wonder:

I make a demo and distribute it. Then after some time when the game is complete, i publish the game. Do i need 2 licenses (one for demo, one for full game) or i can use the demo license for the full game also?

Rgrds

Forum Fan

246 Posts

• #272, by afrlmeTuesday, 28. March 2017, 13:12 7 years ago
    Thanks Simon, this helps us alot!

I also wonder:

I make a demo and distribute it. Then after some time when the game is complete, i publish the game. Do i need 2 licenses (one for demo, one for full game) or i can use the demo license for the full game also?

Rgrds
    You can create & distribute (digitally) as many games as you like for windows, mac & linux with any of the licenses. Indie license is the minimum you need to be able to compile your game(s).

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #273, by dionousTuesday, 28. March 2017, 13:18 7 years ago
    You can create & distribute (digitally) as many games as you like for windows, mac & linux with any of the licenses.
    Thanks AFRLme, but i read here:

"The fee of €125 has to be paid per game"

Above means 1 license per game, or not? I guess it means completed game, while the demo you can distribute it for free anyway.

Forum Fan

246 Posts

• #274, by SimonSTuesday, 28. March 2017, 14:25 7 years ago
    As stated in the licenses section:

If you're releasing free of charge you can do this with the Indie licenses for every platform.
    If you're releasing a paid game for Mac/Win/Linux, you can do this with Indie license.
    If you're releasing a paid for Android/iOS, you need a mobile license per game.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #275, by blanoWednesday, 29. March 2017, 16:32 7 years ago
    i'm trying the new visionaire...
    i find everything really "new" but i have to report a little thing:
    when i menage conditions i can't see button ok or cancel so i have to stop visionaire externally.... another way to view hidden buttons? maybe you could add a scroll bar or something...

68 Posts

• #276, by marvelThursday, 30. March 2017, 13:18 7 years ago
    i'm trying the new visionaire...
    i find everything really "new" but i have to report a little thing:
    when i menage conditions i can't see button ok or cancel so i have to stop visionaire externally.... another way to view hidden buttons? maybe you could add a scroll bar or something...
    There is no button for that. You have to click beside the window to close it wink

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #277, by Kevin ArnoldFriday, 31. March 2017, 23:07 7 years ago

Wow, that seems crazy. Any other engine, I can buy the Android module or license and use it to export multiple Android games. Why do you make people buy a new license for every new game they want to release on Android? Just a way to make money or is there another reason?

For example, I could easily buy Adventure Creator for Unity and use it to make as many games as I want and only need to buy the plug-in once. I like the beta but I'm questioning how costly it will be for me everytime I want to release something. But if you buy the Pro version for 500, you don't have any limitations? That's better, but I'm not very rich. smile

18 Posts

• #278, by marvelSaturday, 01. April 2017, 00:02 7 years ago
    Hi Kevin,
    we are a small company with a very efficient game engine, perfectly adapted to the needs of classic p&c adventure games. If you want our engine, please accept our conditions. I think there are many reasons to use visionaire. smile

Some points:

1. Our licenses are very reasonable without a monthly payment.

2. With each game you put in the mobile market, you usually earn money. So it shouldn't be a problem to pay the small license fee. The money from the licenses enable us the develop this engine.

3. We have many developers here who returned to Visionaire after using Unity (like daedalic for example). It's costly and time consuming to create adventures with unity, especially when you don't have any programming skills.

If you have a different view, try one of the other engines. We're totally fine with it. Each engine has its pros, cons and an individual price model.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #279, by afrlmeSaturday, 01. April 2017, 00:15 7 years ago

Wow, that seems crazy. Any other engine, I can buy the Android module or license and use it to export multiple Android games. Why do you make people buy a new license for every new game they want to release on Android? Just a way to make money or is there another reason?

For example, I could easily buy Adventure Creator for Unity and use it to make as many games as I want and only need to buy the plug-in once. I like the beta but I'm questioning how costly it will be for me everytime I want to release something. But if you buy the Pro version for 500, you don't have any limitations? That's better, but I'm not very rich. smile
    Pro version is per title. Just no limitations in what you can do. Personally I think if the engine gets released on Steam in the future that licenses will have to be rethinked in terms of export modules (dlc) instead of current method.

By the way, have you actually checked out Unity licenses recently? I just did. Subscription starting from $75 per month (plus version) up to $125 per month (pro). Yes there is a free version, but it includes branding & if you surpass $100k in sales then I believe you need to upgrade to at least plus license & if you surpass $200k then you need pro license. That's potentially over $1000+ per year, whereas we are talking about x amount when you are ready to release your game for android &/or iOS platforms. It's unlikely you are going to be releasing loads of games in a year unless you are a massive studio with a lot of team members/staff or make really short 1-3 room games.

https://store.unity.com/

Now let's look at UDK (unreal engine 4)...

Once you ship your game or application, you pay Epic 5% of gross revenue after the first $3,000 per product per calendar quarter.

It's free, but after you make $3000 in sales you have to pay them 5% of your total sale profit every quarterly (3 months). Let's say you made $50k in 3 months - unlikely with indie adventure game unless it's something phenomenal - which means you will be giving them... $2500. Long story short, that will add up too.

Here you are paying if you want to release for mobile platforms, €125 one time & with that you can release your game on android, iOS, windows, mac & linux without any limitations in what revenue you make from it. If you make $1 million squid from it, we won't demand you upgrade to a professional license, though if that were the case it's not like you wouldn't be able to afford it. wink

http://img08.deviantart.net/b3b0/i/2006/088/b/a/_shakeshark__by_taimotive.gif

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #280, by Kevin ArnoldSaturday, 01. April 2017, 00:16 7 years ago
    Hi Kevin,
    we are a small company with a very efficient game engine, perfectly adapted to the needs of classic p&c adventure games. If you want our engine, please accept our conditions. I think there are many reasons to use visionaire. smile

Some points:

1. Our licenses are very reasonable without a monthly payment.

2. With each game you put in the mobile market, you usually earn money. So it shouldn't be a problem to pay the small license fee. The money from the licenses enable us the develop this engine.

3. We have many developers here who returned to Visionaire after using Unity (like daedalic for example). It's costly and time consuming to create adventures with unity, especially when you don't have any programming skills.

If you have a different view, try one of the other engines. We're totally fine with it. Each engine has its pros, cons and an individual price model.

I will definitely test the beta out some more. I was actually surprised at how quickly I was able to start something. Pretty amazing engine you have here. As for the money, I'm that way with everything, so it's not a shot at you for trying to earn a living. I will continue to try the beta out, talk to some peers about it and then most likely make the indie purchase to do a trial run, then upgrade from that if it seems my small group likes it. Thanks for the reply!

18 Posts