Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #220, by marvelWednesday, 08. March 2017, 23:44 7 years ago
    Could anybody please just send me the Broken Sword Animations? wink That's all we need for the moment. 

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #221, by afrlmeWednesday, 08. March 2017, 23:55 7 years ago
    Could anybody please just send me the Broken Sword Animations? wink That's all we need for the moment. 
    Not sure anyone has those mate. You could take a video/some photos of yourself walking / turning, starting to walk, ending walk, etc & try those. If you have a green screen then it should be able to cut yourself out.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #222, by marvelThursday, 09. March 2017, 00:40 7 years ago
    No, I want the exact Broken Sword Animation of George Stobbard. smile Who can manage to get them for me? 

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #223, by afrlmeThursday, 09. March 2017, 03:25 7 years ago
    No, I want the exact Broken Sword Animation of George Stobbard. smile Who can manage to get them for me? 
    I didn't find any character sheets for it mate & I doubt anyone is going to want to screenshot/record the game & manually cut out the animations. I still think your best bet is to install either broken sword 1 or the 2.5 fan game & see if there's an app available for exporting/converting the encrypted file things into images.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #224, by TinTinThursday, 09. March 2017, 06:29 7 years ago
    We already work on character turns. Could anyone send us realistic character animations (for example from the broken sword games). This way it would be easier to check and compare the behavior. smile

Brilliant!!!. Great news . It's so useful feature that I didn't see in other engines . Sorry I haven't and don't play Broken Sword but you can grab sprite animations by 'get anim' software.
    Or maybe this site:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/66639269462433384/

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #225, by marvelThursday, 09. March 2017, 12:50 7 years ago
    I didn't find any character sheets for it mate & I doubt anyone is going to want to screenshot/record the game & manually cut out the animations. I still think your best bet is to install either broken sword 1 or the 2.5 fan game & see if there's an app available for exporting/converting the encrypted file things into images.
    I heard that it is possible to re-compile games, look into the folders and grab the sprites, right? smile The sprites won't be used for anything but testing. We could do to it with our own turning animations but this way it's harder to compare. Anyways...

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #226, by afrlmeThursday, 09. March 2017, 14:05 7 years ago
    I heard that it is possible to re-compile games, look into the folders and grab the sprites, right? smile The sprites won't be used for anything but testing. We could do to it with our own turning animations but this way it's harder to compare. Anyways...

Nah mate, they are probably exported from Virtual Theatre (revs game engine) in specific compressed/encrypted formats like how you can create individual unique to VS files when you export your objects, characters, scenes & so on. To extract them you would need some tool for that capable of retrieving the files from x or y file type(s).

I own Broken Sword 1 on GOG which comes with both director's cut & original version, so I can download & install it, but I doubt the original png files are available in the folders, but you never know... wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #227, by sebastianThursday, 09. March 2017, 15:18 7 years ago
    just searched the data.b25c dile from Broken Sword 2.5. Found a lot of graphics, but sadly no walking animation. Only pickup, give, etc... roll 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #228, by afrlmeThursday, 09. March 2017, 17:14 7 years ago
    http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/Broken_Sword:_The_Shadow_of... -- don't ask me...

Managed to get it to extract data from clu file types in original broken sword 1 game, but files it's exported are named .0, .1, .2, etc & I've tried renaming a few without success.

Director's Cut version seems to contain all data inside of a single .dat file, but no idea how to extract from that. Site I've listed does have an unpacker for Broken Sword 5 too, but I don't remember the walk animations & turning & stuff being great in that (3D characters).

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #229, by marvelThursday, 09. March 2017, 17:35 7 years ago
    just searched the data.b25c dile from Broken Sword 2.5. Found a lot of graphics, but sadly no walking animation. Only pickup, give, etc... roll 
    If you did find those, you will probably also find the walking animations wink

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #230, by afrlmeThursday, 09. March 2017, 17:35 7 years ago
    https://github.com/vpelletier/sword1-dc -- found this as well. Some python script, but I'm not savvy with python, so no idea what to do with it.

Imperator

7278 Posts