Yet Another Hero Story

• #1, by nick-lMonday, 05. November 2018, 18:34 5 years ago
    Hello to all,

After several months of development I am glad to announce that a demo is ready for "Yet Another Hero Story" a fantasy point and click adventure game set in a fantasy, colorfoul, cartoon world. Release target is April 2019 (hopefully!)

For anyone interested, the demo can be downloaded from the following link:

Trailer: 

Finally for anyone who would like to support the game development, the indiegogo campaign can be seen here:

Thanks for watching!

49 Posts

• #2, by esmeraldaTuesday, 06. November 2018, 08:59 5 years ago
    I gave your demo a little spin and encountered a small bug.
    When I tried to feed the sandwich to the weasel the cursor and the inventory button disappeared. Pressing Esc solved the problem. The same happened when building the trap.
    My guess is that you started a cutscene and forgot to end it. (or instead of ending it, started again)

And to be honest, the intro was way too long - at least for a demo. I stopped listening half way through.
    I'm not convinced it's a good idea to put so much emphasis on associations to other games. It's getting old fast. (but that is just my opinion)

Key Killer

508 Posts

• #3, by nick-lTuesday, 06. November 2018, 11:34 5 years ago
    Thank you very much for your constructive criticism and of course for finding these bugs. Really appreciated.

49 Posts

• #4, by esmeraldaTuesday, 30. July 2019, 10:19 5 years ago
    I just read the review on Adventuregamers about your game. Congratulations! 
    I wasn't aware that you released it. Will have a go at the full version soon :-)

Key Killer

508 Posts

• #5, by nick-lTuesday, 30. July 2019, 11:24 5 years ago
    Thank you very much. Indeed the game has been released, initialy on Inch.io (May) and then on Steam and we are quite happy with the reception we received.  

The game started as a one-man effort but eventually more people contributed into finishing it. The bar was set quite low in terms of expectations but up to now we are very happy with the audience that the game got. We are talking about a small indie game after all. As a matter of fact, work has already been started for a second game with the goal of releasing it in 2020.

Also I would like to take a minute to say, how lucky I was to discover Visionaire Studio. 

I really didn't knew the engine until I was commisioned to work on the background art of another game and the dev told me about Visionaire. 

After completing the work, I have downloaded a trial and then there was no turning back. I had to create my own point and click game  smile and that resulted into "Yet Another Hero Story"

49 Posts

• #6, by esmeraldaMonday, 05. August 2019, 16:14 5 years ago
    I finished your game now and I am impressed. A really solid and funny game :-) Great art.

If you are planing an update, I still have some nitpicking to offer - I would really appreciate a hotspot revealer (snoop animation is what it's called in the engine). I was stuck a few times and (nearly) everytime it was because I had overlooked an item. And some more custom responses to item-combinations would be great. And maybe - like the reviewer of adventure gamers mentioned - a faster way to move? Like a double-click on an exit to instantly change the scene?
    Ah... and the sprite of Martin must have a very small bit of paint on the otherweise transparent part of the image. Right hand side of the character about medium hight, possibly right on the edge of the image. His name is popping up when moving the mouse over that spot. (well, if you are mirroring the images, it might be the left side..., can't remember which way he was facing when I found out)

Looking forward to your next game! :-)

Key Killer

508 Posts

• #7, by nick-lMonday, 05. August 2019, 19:02 5 years ago
    Wow, thank you very much for your kind words and for your comments. 

Really now, is there a way to automatically show hotspots, I didn't even knew about it. Good catch about the character thing. Maybe it's time for a last update after vacations.

By the way, how long did it took you, to finish the game? You're probably an experienced player, except the times you stuck due to not finding an item, would you say that the game is more on the easy side?

Finally, what are you working on?

49 Posts

• #8, by esmeraldaTuesday, 06. August 2019, 13:42 5 years ago
    The hotspots are not really automatic, you have to place the one animation you created by hand on every object.
    There is a description how to do it on the Wiki.

I didn't look at the time, so I don't know how long it took me. Maybe 4 h? It is on the easy side, I would say. I spend a lot of time trying to combine random items, because I didn't realise I had just overlooked something. So with the hotspot revealer it will get even easier (and shorter I guess), but less annoying :-) But everyone could decide for themselves if they want to use this feature.

What I am working on? Well, actually I'm just doing very short games at the moment. I discovered my liking for game jams and did a few games for visionaire-jams and the last AdventureJam. I didn't finish my game for the last visionaire-jam, so I'm trying to do that and my game for the AdventureJam is in dire need of some bugfixing. And because I can't decide what to do first, I end up doing nothing ;-)

Key Killer

508 Posts

• #9, by nick-lSunday, 18. August 2019, 17:47 4 years ago
    And because I can't decide what to do first, I end up doing nothing ;-)
    I have been in similar situations thousands of times. smile  Thanks a lot for the link. 

BTW it would really be appreciated, if you could leave a recommendation  for the game on the Steam page (if you of course, feel, it should be recommended) 

Best,

49 Posts