Has anyone been able to get a working Linux export with 4.2.5?
We used to be able to have a working export before, but since 4.2.5 - no more. I contacted the VS team support and they have told me that it should be working.. so I'm trying to check, if it's really my own stupidity
What we tried:
- install clean VS 4.2.5. on windows
- download the linux player zip from the FAQ-Page and place it in the appropriate directory
- run the export
It generates an exported file, but that does not contain the executable nor the libs. (it contains only the .vs file and an empty libs directory).
- yes, I am 100% certain that it's not an executable flag issue but the executable missing.
- yes, I have not extracted the exported zip on windows, it's all on a linux box.
- Looking at the zip file with the linux player, it smells like a bunch of CRC errors
- yes, I have made sure that the download isn't tainted by one machine or connection, we tried several
In 4.2 everything worked, the only thing we had to take care of was the OpenAL dependency.
So... has anyone done this recently (and I mean 4.2.5 recently)?