Version 3.6 Download

• #1, by paxtorMonday, 14. December 2015, 04:35 9 years ago
    Hello,

I just purchased visionaire studio. I'm going to use version 4 to make all my future games, but I previously made a short game with the free version of 3.6. Now that I load the old game into version 4, I'm getting all kinds of bugs and crashes. I was wondering if I can download the full version of 3.6 somewhere (just for this old project) and if my registration key will work for it. I just need it to build my first game

Thanks! Love the software so far!

6 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeMonday, 14. December 2015, 11:49 9 years ago
    A'llo,

No unfortunately your key will not work for version 3.6 - well, even if you could somehow manage to get your hands on it.

Visionaire Studio 4.x was significantly overhauled from 3.x & besides the engine getting overhauled it came with various new features, the overhauled part of the way some of the old features / systems worked is probably why you are encountering certain bugs where things worked fine in the version you previously had. If you want to upgrade, then you will have to try to iron out the kinks & update things as needed.

I setting the log level inside of Visionaire Studio editors options under extras > options > player to "info". This will record everything to the log including warnings & errors. The messages.log file should probably give you an idea what's causing some of the errors.

If you don't know how to locate your messages.log file then, run your game via the editor, press TAB key to open up the developers console. Now type...
    exec print( localAppDir )

now press enter, & then type...
    print log

& press enter again & it should overlay the messages log. Navigate through the pages with the page up / down keys on your keyboard until you see a line that contains something along the lines of c:/users/..., which will be the location where the log files & save game files of your game are being stored.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #3, by paxtorTuesday, 15. December 2015, 19:42 9 years ago
    thanks for the info!

6 Posts

• #4, by paxtorWednesday, 06. January 2016, 01:18 9 years ago
    so, the "random" crashes I seemed to be experiencing were related to the end of any sound file. for instance, the first scene had a 32 second mp3 file that would loop in version 3.6. now the game crashes to desktop after exactly 32 seconds. not sure why this is, but I'm investigating it

6 Posts

• #5, by paxtorWednesday, 06. January 2016, 01:21 9 years ago
    i found the answer elsewhere on the forum:

https://www.visionaire-studio.net/forum/thread/vis-4-2-5-cra...

6 Posts