Sublime Text 3 and Lua

• #1, by elwanSaturday, 21. March 2020, 16:31 4 years ago
    After following the procedure found on this website to configure Sublime Text for Lua I got this message error when I try ro run my print("hello world") test1.lua file :

[WinError 2] Le fichier spécifié est introuvable
    [cmd: ['lua', 'C:\\Users\\pc\\AppData\\Roaming\\Sublime Text 3\\Packages\\User\\Test1.lua']]
    [dir: C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\User]
    [path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;%USERPROFILE%\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;D:\Lua\;C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\User\;C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\]
    [Finished]

I thought it was coming from a problem of path, so I managed to add my different Lua folders in the path as can be seen at the end of the path.

Any help welcome...

26 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeSaturday, 21. March 2020, 18:18 4 years ago
    Did you install Lua package on your pc?

Alternatively, download & use Atom text editor by github. It's free, almost as good as sublime text, & you can just download the Lua plugin to be able to run Lua code. wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #3, by elwanSaturday, 21. March 2020, 20:24 4 years ago
    Thank you for your answer, it looks like if  missed a important step!

I tried to run LuaForWindows_v5.1.4-46.exe and LuaForWindows_v5.1.4-45.exe each time with this messgage box :

---------------------------
    File Download
    The server returned status code 404.
    Recommencer Annuler

I am using windows 8 with 64 bits.
    Is there a special package that I should install?

26 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeSaturday, 21. March 2020, 20:33 4 years ago
    I'm not even sure if that's the one I installed. I installed Lua on this pc ages ago. You could try this one:  https://github.com/rjpcomputing/luaforwindows/releases

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #5, by elwanSaturday, 21. March 2020, 23:05 4 years ago
    This one is working fine. I finally got my  "hello world" message in return.
    Thank you again, but I realize that I have  a long way to go.

Do you know video tutorials in english speaking about using lua code in Visionnaire  Studio,
    or some .ved files with small simple games inside using lua.

So far I managed to adapt with succes few functions from the game "Magical Potions" that I downloaded from this website

26 Posts

• #6, by afrlmeSunday, 22. March 2020, 01:07 4 years ago
    Here's the thing... Simon has actually created a new custom scripting language for Visionaire Studio for the current version that's based on C#. He plans on eventually replacing Lua script entirely with the new language, but there's no documentation for it at all.

As for Lua script & VS, all you need to learn the basics is the scripting pages on the wiki - specifically the page "scripting", & then the data structure page - though Simon's Lua docs page here is a lot more up to date than the data structure page on the wiki (has a load of example code snippets on it too) but unfortunately none of the data structure entries on his page contain descriptions, so it's probably better to use the wiki for the data structure tables.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #7, by elwanSunday, 22. March 2020, 10:10 4 years ago
    Thanks for the links and for the information about the new scripting language to come.
    As I suppose there is no expected release date, I'll try to learn more about interfacing lua et VS...

26 Posts

• #8, by afrlmeSunday, 22. March 2020, 12:27 4 years ago
    New language is out, just no documentation for it at the minute. Lua script will probably still be supported for ages to come, so it's all good. wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #9, by elwanSunday, 22. March 2020, 16:31 4 years ago
    May be you can help :

I tried to download your slidind_puzzle.zip file from the script index  page in the Wiki section but I could not log in.

I tried the login and password I used for the VS forum without success.
    I created a Mediawiki account which is operational but I still cannnot log in to download the file.
    I tried with "forgot your pasword?" but no mail sent received.

Is this link still operational?

26 Posts

• #10, by afrlmeSunday, 22. March 2020, 17:26 4 years ago
    There's no login. Only VS team members have logins for the wiki. If the link is red then that means it's missing - a bunch of files somehow got deleted/removed/missplaced after the wiki was updated a while back.

Let me check what file you are talking about, as I might have it floating about on one of my hdd still...

* edit: can you link me the wiki page please?

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #11, by elwanSunday, 22. March 2020, 18:18 4 years ago
    The script page :

The download link :

The download link is white and is sending me on a login page where I got stuck.
    When you speak of VS team members are you speaking about VS developers?

26 Posts