Resolution question

• #10, by brut69Wednesday, 08. October 2014, 03:50 10 years ago
    I'm working on my game with full-hd (1080p) graphics, animations and cinematics. I'm happy how visionaire handless the graphics. Just with heaviy scenes with many animations it little gets slower. Then I re-optimize the graphics till I have the good performance.

You can always "Pre-load" the heavy animations at the beginning of the game during the Loading phase. This will significantly improve performance.
    Also
    I found that it is very good after an animation or character is no longer needed to unload that character and animation. This surely gives more memory but at the same time it makes loading of future animations and characters much faster.

Great Poster

266 Posts

• #11, by AkcayKaraazmakWednesday, 08. October 2014, 10:50 10 years ago
    Thank you Maria but how I can preload the animations before the scene load? Should I use the preloadAnimation() on the "at the beginning of scene" action of the scene?

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #12, by brut69Wednesday, 08. October 2014, 23:06 10 years ago
    The way I do it is before you make the Change Scene:

1. Add a Condition "Load Char" - False

IF Condition Load Char - False -->
    Load Char
    Change Condition Load Char - True
    Change Scene
    Pause 1sec
    Else
    Change Scene
    End If

The Pause is because sometimes I discovered , the Change Scene happens during Loading of Char and the character is not there. The extra pause gives Visionaire a chance to "catch up"

Great Poster

266 Posts

• #13, by brut69Wednesday, 08. October 2014, 23:07 10 years ago
    Alternatively the Change scene can be out of the IF , but I keep it in since it happens alot of times that I want to add/do things before each scene

Great Poster

266 Posts

• #14, by AkcayKaraazmakWednesday, 08. October 2014, 23:48 10 years ago
    Thank you Maria, I'll give a try!! smile

Great Poster

440 Posts