Project xA0-1

• #1, by UmonSunday, 21. July 2013, 15:13 11 years ago
    Finally ...
    Project xA0-1 (Projectname) starts during next week.
    Here is a first look at some creatures who will try to scare people with nonsense.

Endlich ...
    Projekt xA0-1 (Projektname) beginnt in der nächsten Woche.
    Ein erster Blick auf ein paar kleine "Monster" die versuchen Leute mit Blödsinn zu erschrecken.

Umon

80 Posts

• #2, by NigecSunday, 21. July 2013, 15:33 11 years ago
    those look very cool mate
    Is that actual fur? what computer do you have?
    I'm mainly a Sketchup user so there's no "nice" way to get fur, its impossible to get it realistic, even if you could Sketchup is 32 bit so you'd quickly run out of memory

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #3, by UmonSunday, 21. July 2013, 15:45 11 years ago
    Thanks Nigec smile
    Yes its real fur. Hmm computer ... it is a i7 3,5GHz, overclocked to 4,2 (more is do dangerous) - 32GB Ram - GeForce GTX 570 1,28 GB, thats the importand datas. But enough to render this image in about 3 minutes.

80 Posts

• #4, by NigecSunday, 21. July 2013, 16:18 11 years ago
    yeah I have something similar just less Ram and not over clocked, 3 minutes is impressive smile

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #5, by UmonSunday, 21. July 2013, 16:55 11 years ago
    I never used Sketchup, but i was just looking at some images from it. Seems like there is a nice plugin to make fur and gras, looks also very realistic. The worst about this as far i could read ... looks like the fur and gras is build with a lot of polygons ... this will increase render times dramaticly.

80 Posts

• #6, by NigecSunday, 21. July 2013, 17:12 11 years ago
    The enderer I use can do proxies inside Sketchup so that might help, I do have the fr plugin, iI usually use it for grass.. I'll have a go once I can get on the i7

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #7, by UmonSunday, 21. July 2013, 17:32 11 years ago
    So Sketchup is only available 32bit ?
    If you could get 64bit i think this woulkd be a big difference.
    For example, this testrender below (high res 135k polys) takes with 64bit about 4 seconds (with area light, it is kinda radiosity). With 32bit it takes about 1,20 minutes.
    Ok also 32bit is a older version, but i have done a lot of tests and 64bit is a hell lot faster the most times.

80 Posts

• #8, by UmonTuesday, 23. July 2013, 19:50 11 years ago
    Hier mal ein bellender Hund.
    Einen kleinen Animationstest dazu gibt es auf Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66V8XYu1zfA

A barking dog.
    You can find a short animation on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66V8XYu1zfA

80 Posts

• #9, by UmonWednesday, 31. July 2013, 00:15 11 years ago
    Here is on of the full rigged and ready to use character.
    I am still not sure about the amount of the the images, i guess 64 for each of the 8 directions is very much.
    But it is also possible to make it really smoth with 32 images, you can see it in the youtube video. Looks only faster but to slow down the image changes really helps.

For those who are interessted in 3D ... here is an link to the animation on youtube:
    http://youtu.be/qmilEWstvOU

80 Posts

• #10, by UmonWednesday, 04. September 2013, 23:23 11 years ago
    Here is a link to a short animation if you make a mistake and die in the game.

http://youtu.be/svWzDfdwDm8

And also a question.
    It is about walkable objects. I use an object as background to change lights with a few changing frames.
    The problem is the charakter hides behind the object (picture below). I tried to change the object center but it doesnt works. Thats strange cause on the other side i have 2 similar objects there it works this way.
    Maybe i do someting wrong or is it just a bug ?

80 Posts

• #11, by JackMcRipThursday, 05. September 2013, 08:46 11 years ago
    In Visionaire:
    The object is to much in foreground.
    The character must be more in foreground.or the object more in background.

In Cinema4D:
    Only for later problems with inserted objects. If you want to render only objects with the alpha of the object.
    If you use Cinema4D you can set rendertags to objects in foreground.
    Then you must activate Multipass.
    In Renderfiles like Tiff and PSD you have channels with seperated objects.
    If you only render this one object in foreground and you save in .png you get background as alpha.

Forum Fan

115 Posts