Mutropolis demo

• #1, by blablo_101Monday, 12. November 2018, 10:33 5 years ago
    Hi! 

We have been working in Mutropolis (a game made with Visionaire) for a few years.
    It´s almost done and we are releasing a demo ^__^
    We wanted to share the demo with all of you!
    If you want to play it and share your feedback, we'll be delighted!
    Thank you very much!

You can check our twitter @Pirita_Studio if you like.

70 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeMonday, 12. November 2018, 13:22 5 years ago
    Not played the demo yet. Just been having a look around your website. Looks very nice. wink

Is the protagonist modelled after yourself? Looks very similar to your photo on your website. Are you actually a ginger Spaniard?

Anyway, looking great. You have an estimated release date, or a Steam page sorted out?

P.S: feel free to include #MadeWithVisionaire hashtag in twitter posts about your game for a free like & retweet. The tweets will also be automatically posted to our Discord server too.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #3, by joemidMonday, 12. November 2018, 15:54 5 years ago
    Have been wondering the status of this game!  Will play more of the demo this week, first impressions; Looking gorgeous! 

Love the tempo so far- you definitely hook me with the various rhythymic animations that seem to occur when I start or enter into an area. 

My only technical critique would be the walk animation seems a little "floaty" right now- with all the love and attention to details; diagonals, turn-animations- the walking character stuck out to me.

Also, noticed two typos in the english version- the water bottle is "empty," and a tense error- "found" should be "find" in the mutropolis cave scene. 

All-in-all, very beautiful and I love the attention to detail!

Great work!  Looking forward to seeing more of these archaeologists!

87 Posts

• #4, by blablo_101Monday, 12. November 2018, 16:23 5 years ago
    Is the protagonist modelled after yourself? Looks very similar to your photo on your website. Are you actually a ginger Spaniard?
    Hahahaha, kind of... Beatriz has design the game characters & graphics and she took me as reference. It`s pretty similar, except the red hair.
    By the way, thank you for your help in the forum! You has been very helpful in Visionaire's matters.
    About the estimate release date, I think we still need a few months for polish the game. We are searching for publishing services now.
    My only technical critique would be the walk animation seems a little "floaty"
    Thank you, man! I'm so glad you all like the game so far.
    We are aware about the walking problems... We are struggling with this issue...
    We will look in to it again.
    And thank you for the typos. We have hired a translation service ands it`s hard for us to check the english version. Our english grammar is far to be good.

70 Posts

• #5, by esmeraldaMonday, 12. November 2018, 16:55 5 years ago
    I had a go at your demo and I really love the artstyle of the backgrounds. And I liked the who-dunnit part to start into a game. A clever way to get to know the characters. Count me interessted. :-)

In the last scene of the demo there were a few lines of text in spanish (i was playing the english version). Things like "ouch" (with exclamation marks in front) - so no harm in it. And I think the text when accusing Cobra was also in spanish, but I clicked accidently, so I didn't see it long enough.

Key Killer

513 Posts

• #6, by blablo_101Tuesday, 13. November 2018, 08:27 5 years ago
    I'm glad you like it esmeralda.
    Thank you very much for your feedback!

70 Posts

• #7, by joemidWednesday, 14. November 2018, 01:03 5 years ago
    NP!  Feel free to hit me up @ my email if you have any quick "to english" translation questions- though your future publisher will probably streamline any localization.

Assuming that you are using the sliding walk?  If so- you might try setting indivual frame speeds.  Though, Lee, would know better about that.

87 Posts

• #8, by blablo_101Thursday, 15. November 2018, 09:55 5 years ago
    NP! Feel free to hit me up @ my email if you have any quick "to english" translation questions- though your future publisher will probably streamline any localization.
    Thank you! 
    Assuming that you are using the sliding walk? If so- you might try setting indivual frame speeds. Though, Lee, would know better about that.
    Yeah, We have untick the sliding animation... We have been working with the individual frame speed, but we are having troubles with the balance between speed animation and the "character movement". 
    We have been playing with this two  values, but we can't find the perfect combination (yet, I hope).

70 Posts

• #9, by afrlmeThursday, 15. November 2018, 11:30 5 years ago
    the speed doesn't matter so much when using the update position on each new frame walk system, just the movement.

here's a quick tip on how to get it so the movement looks more natural...

1. select a walk animation & click on the movement button (feet)

2. click on the onion tool, then click on the little square at the bottom of the second frame to display an onion version of it (semi-transparent).

3. left click on the movement number input box that appeared on the top right of preview viewport window after you turned on the movement system, & then use the left right arrow keys on your keyboard to increase/decrease & nudge the movement value (hold the ground contact feet of the 2 animations are almost overlapping each other, then nudge to overlap them more accurately).

4. move to the next frame using the next frame button on the toolbar. rinse & repeat step 3 & this step until the current frame is perfectly overlapping the next frame.

5. once you get to the last frame you should import in the first frame (just temporarily) then do steps 2 & 3 on that. Once it's aligned correctly, delete the frame you just tacked on & you should have a realistic-ish walk animation.

Quick note: you can adjust the global pause delay for the animation now in the editor, but feel free to use Lua script in-game to adjust the global delay to control regular walking speed & jogging/running speed with something along the lines of this...

game.CurrentCharacter.CharacterOutfits["default"].OutfitWalkAnimations[i].AnimationPause = 20

The screenshots below are the actions I have created in the double click option under mouse properties to tell the engine to have the playable character move faster on double click then revert back to normal speed when it stops moving.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #10, by stothewThursday, 15. November 2018, 17:38 5 years ago
    Great Demo!
    I love the artwork! the style remind me to broken age but a little bit more hand drawn.
    also great and smooth character animation!

the text of the guy holding the rope in the cave (Micro?) is a litte bit too high i guess.

but impressive work congratulations!

Forum Fan

127 Posts

• #11, by blablo_101Friday, 16. November 2018, 08:22 5 years ago
    AFRLme, thanks a lot! I'm going to try it.

Stothew, thank you so much for play and for your comments! I'm glad you like it smile

70 Posts