GlenFX tutorial vs. Visionaire 4

• #1, by lukisumiloTuesday, 10. March 2015, 13:17 9 years ago
    Hi, I've just started to learn basics of Visionaire with GlenFX tutorial (http://www2.visionaire2d.net/glenfx/ - it was created for version 3.1)
    And I've got some questions, for example in part 2 (http://www2.visionaire2d.net/glenfx/parte_2.htm) in MOUSE PROPERTIES, there doesn't exist "Use for individual actions" checkbox in version 4, just input for actions, so should I leave it empty or put something else?
    Also, during test when I run game, my walk cursor is active when i put it on some scene objects, but I want it to be active when my character can walk (it works ok, but cursor icon is inactive between "walk borders").

5 Posts

• #2, by AlexTuesday, 10. March 2015, 13:31 9 years ago
    Hi,
    you don't have to set anything specific for the mouse properties. The mouse buttons can always be used for individual actions (e.g. scene object actions) in v4.
    For the second problem I can't think of an easy solution. Maybe you could create an object for the walkable area, put it behind the other objects and set the "object walkable" checkbox. I'm not sure if this will work though.

Great Poster

378 Posts

• #3, by lukisumiloWednesday, 11. March 2015, 19:04 9 years ago
    Now I have another problem - every object in the scene is in the foreground, in front of a character when I'm running the game.
    Before, everything was ok, it started after creating the inventory.
    Everything is set up as it should be, I think. Object areas, object centers, In character outfits animation centers... checked.
    Have anyone encountered a similar problem with this popular tutorial? Or generally during creating a game?

5 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeWednesday, 11. March 2015, 19:15 9 years ago
    It's to do with the layer order of your scene objects. They have to be ordered in accordance with their object center (z-index) values.

Do you see the double yellow arrow icon on the scene toolbar section? Click that & it will automatically organize your scene objects into the correct order based on their object center values.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #5, by lukisumiloFriday, 13. March 2015, 13:46 9 years ago
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH Alex AND AFRLme, with your help I've finally completed this one!

Also, It's my first contact with this forum and I see how friendly is Visionaire community smile

5 Posts