Editor not crashes on system with Intel 945M graphic chipset - but commercial Visionaire Games (e.g.Deponia) do run

• #1, by htw8849Thursday, 15. October 2015, 15:09 9 years ago
    Hi,

sorry for open up another subject, but after my troubles in getting the editor running within VirtualBox under Linux I tried to get the visionaire editor running on some older windows/mac hardware I had lying around.
    Unfortunately all of my devices do have the infamous Intel 945M chipset - this also includes a Mac Mini (Late 2007).

The "crash behavior" is always the same (and applies to Windows as well as MacOS 10.7):
    The editors starts up, I load the example game and then the editor crashes as soon as graphics (e.g. scene editor) should be displayed.

After that the visionaire log says "Open GL 2.0 not supported.".

For curiosity I fired up the Deponia Demo and for my BIG surprise the Game was running fine.
    So it looks like it's not the engine, but the editor itself which keep crashing.

Just to make sure that OpenGL in general is working I fired up some Games (GLTron, Tux Racer) and they were working fine.

Same applies to DirectX/D3D Games ... I tried 3DMark03 ... and it worked (slow but working).

So there definitely seems to be some bug in the 4.1/4.2 editor (I didn't had the chance to check earlier versions)

41 Posts

• #2, by SimonSThursday, 15. October 2015, 15:37 9 years ago
    https://software.intel.com/de-de/forums/developing-games-and... No GL2 support, end of story.
    The editor is getting redone, it might or might not run then on these systems. These chips are just the biggest shit possible. Did you try the player ?

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #3, by htw8849Thursday, 15. October 2015, 17:35 9 years ago
    In knew the chip isn't supporting OpenGL 2.0 from Intels side. And I agree shitty chips with poor perfomance.

The player didn't work either.

In contrast to the commercial Deponia game (this worked fine) ... how does that come ?!?

41 Posts

• #4, by SimonSThursday, 15. October 2015, 17:36 9 years ago
    Deponia is build with the old engine.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #5, by htw8849Thursday, 15. October 2015, 17:42 9 years ago
    Ah ok ... that makes perfect sence then smile

I'm looking forward for the new editor version ... and cross fingers that it may work smile

41 Posts

• #6, by SimonSThursday, 15. October 2015, 17:45 9 years ago
    I'm sorry, if the player doesn't work, the new editor won't work as well.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts