5.1 Bugfix 2 uploaded

• #10, by afrlmeMonday, 11. May 2020, 20:44 4 years ago
    open up the editor. hover over one of the play button icons next to the search bar. click on the go to viseditor.log option. open up the viseditor.ini file in notepad or something similar (notepad is fine) & edit the date on this line "LastUpdateCheck" & set the date to yesterday or something - make sure you close VS before editing/saving the file. Relaunch the editor & it should prompt the download again.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #11, by markus-creativeMonday, 11. May 2020, 21:16 4 years ago
    open up the editor. hover over one of the play button icons next to the search bar. click on the go to viseditor.log option. open up the viseditor.ini file in notepad or something similar (notepad is fine) & edit the date on this line "LastUpdateCheck" & set the date to yesterday or something - make sure you close VS before editing/saving the file. Relaunch the editor & it should prompt the download again.
    Thanks for the answer, but when I hover over the play buttons, I can’t see a viseditor.log. The only entries I have there are „run game“, „run game on scene“ and „go to messages.log“.

But I found the viseditor.ini after all.

If somebody else wants to know, you find it on your Windows PC at...

c:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VisionaireEditor\viseditor.ini

Nevertheless a simple "check for new updates" button in VS would be nice to have. smile

47 Posts

• #12, by afrlmeMonday, 11. May 2020, 21:44 4 years ago
    Yeah, sorry. I think Simon only added that option to one of the recent updates.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #13, by afrlmeMonday, 11. May 2020, 21:44 4 years ago
    Yeah, sorry. I think Simon only added that option to one of the recent updates.

He said he didn't want to add a check update button ages back. I can't remember what the reason was.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #14, by tudor-stamateTuesday, 12. May 2020, 12:16 4 years ago
    Hi Simon, have you had a chance to check the project I attached?

27 Posts

• #15, by tudor-stamateThursday, 14. May 2020, 06:23 4 years ago
    EDIT: Ignore the message below. The issue still happens just not as often.

OP: For anyone having the same issues as we have (detailed in post #55086) here's the workaround we found: At the beginning of the game we switch between a few empty scenes in which we autosave/autoload. It's not pretty, but it "works" haha

We're only doing this for the Android version built with VS 5.1.0, for the rest of the platforms we kept 5.0.9

27 Posts

• #16, by chronologicWednesday, 20. May 2020, 14:29 4 years ago
    Hi Simon,

My inventory items each have an animation with 2 frames. One frame shows the normal item image and the second frame is a blank png, which is selected to be shown when the item starts to be dragged, to hide it in the inventory slot.

When the item is dragged, the static image (not the animation) was previously being used by VS as the mouse cursor, and so I had also added cross hairs to the static image to help with more accurate dropping onto scene objects.

So this scenario allowed me to have one image for the item, another to hide it in the inventory slot, and a third being used while being dragged.

It seems that one of the bug fixes has changed the dragged cursor icon to now be the animation instead of using the static image.

Could you please make this an optional setting? 
    i.e. Either to use the static or animated cursor when dragging.

Thanks
    Hi. is there any update on this?
    Just to add, a demonstration was previously posted here.

25 Posts

• #17, by chronologicSunday, 18. July 2021, 20:41 3 years ago
    Hi Simon,

My inventory items each have an animation with 2 frames. One frame shows the normal item image and the second frame is a blank png, which is selected to be shown when the item starts to be dragged, to hide it in the inventory slot.

When the item is dragged, the static image (not the animation) was previously being used by VS as the mouse cursor, and so I had also added cross hairs to the static image to help with more accurate dropping onto scene objects.

So this scenario allowed me to have one image for the item, another to hide it in the inventory slot, and a third being used while being dragged.

It seems that one of the bug fixes has changed the dragged cursor icon to now be the animation instead of using the static image.

Could you please make this an optional setting? 
    i.e. Either to use the static or animated cursor when dragging.

Thanks
    Hi. is there any update on this?
    Just to add, a demonstration was previously posted here.

Just returning to my game after some time away and it seems that this has been fixed thanks

25 Posts