3d Character working work-flow (%99 works

• #10, by AkcayKaraazmakWednesday, 24. September 2014, 10:21 10 years ago
    No mate, bones are the skeleton parts for the rigging process. Its been always bones smile In max it called bones, in maya joints and also as you said in cinema 4d its called joints but they are all same thing. And sure after you made the skeleton of your character with joints or bones you should skin it to make your mesh deformable in the way you want.

You could import any kind of bones system into Vis if only the your direct x exporter can export it as .X file. Also .collada works in Vis but what I see from my results are the .x files works better in Vis. Or I maybe It was my fault not to get good results with collada exports for Vis.

I would like to see your hand-drawing characters bro smile

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #11, by MachtnixWednesday, 24. September 2014, 19:49 10 years ago
    Thanks. In Cinema4d bones and joints mean completely different rigging-tools, They do the same thing but they aren't compatible (only a short time of parallelism in version 11,12). Bones are the older ones. Nobody uses bones today.

But you are right: finally it depends on the result as a well-working exchange file. It doesn't mind how the file was born...

Machtnix

Thread Captain

1097 Posts