Release date for 4.3?

• #180, by LebosteinMonday, 19. December 2016, 21:34 8 years ago
    I hope simple things like syntax highlighting and a changeable font is possible now. I use monospace fonts usually for programming tasks....

PS: I believe the Scintilla-Gadget supports Autocompletion:
    http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#Autocompletion
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintilla_(Software)

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #181, by afrlmeMonday, 19. December 2016, 21:51 8 years ago
    I hope simple things like syntax highlighting and a changeable font is possible now. I use monospace fonts usually for programming tasks....

PS: I believe the Scintilla-Gadget supports Autocompletion:
    http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#Autocompletion
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintilla_(Software)

Aye, that it does. Simon said he needs to write a custom auto-complete unique to VS & the functions, data structure that we have & it's a lot of work / complicated or something. I forget the exact reason as it was a while back that I asked him about it.

Syntax highlighting? Are you talking about colored syntax or highlighting as in like the yellow link highlighting in your links below to signify that something is incorrect in the line of code?

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #182, by marvelWednesday, 21. December 2016, 12:26 8 years ago
    4) Is any hope for release before christmas ?  (or maybe beta vrsion)
    No, I don't think so, because Christmas is in 3 days wink But there will be a alpha/beta version as soon as we think that the most things work - probably already this year.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #183, by sebastianWednesday, 21. December 2016, 15:11 8 years ago
    it seems that btf and daedalic had the pleasure of getting a pre version before to get the web version / ps4 version of their games running (correct me if im wrong). It seems to be stable enough for a short beta time period to me :p

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #184, by marvelThursday, 22. December 2016, 10:23 8 years ago
    it seems that btf and daedalic had the pleasure of getting a pre version before to get the web version / ps4 version of their games running

You are wrong. They only have a new version of the Visionaire Player. wink

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #185, by sebastianThursday, 22. December 2016, 10:27 8 years ago
    so close razz

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #186, by LebosteinThursday, 22. December 2016, 15:36 8 years ago
    What is the goal of the web player? I think this is only practicable for very small games or short and slimmed down demos - because the temporary download of large amounts of data is problematic.... Or can I download this package once and play offline in the browser?

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #187, by afrlmeThursday, 22. December 2016, 16:16 8 years ago
    I think html5 would be most useful for demos/prototypes & for competitions.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #188, by funkygallo-1Thursday, 22. December 2016, 17:11 8 years ago
    What is the goal of the web player? I think this is only practicable for very small games or short and slimmed down demos - because the temporary download of large amounts of data is problematic.... Or can I download this package once and play offline in the browser?

It also useful for the Wii U console, if You have the CAT-R dev kit

40 Posts

• #189, by sebastianSaturday, 24. December 2016, 23:35 8 years ago
    I got a fancy XBOX One (S) controller (with bluetooth) for christmas. Added the parameters for the gamecontrollerdb.txt to support my visionaire game and like to share the parameters.
    So if you plan to make your game gamepad compatible with the xbox one controller (bluetooth variant) you can add this to your gamecontrollerdb.txt to let it recognize the gamepad correctly:
    5e04000000000000e002000000000000,XBOX One Controller,a:b0,b:b1,y:b3,x:b2,start:b7,guide:b10,back:b6,leftstick:b8,rightstick:b9,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,dpup:h0.1,dpleft:h0.8,dpdown:h0.4,dpright:h0.2,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightx:a3,righty:a4,lefttrigger:a2,righttrigger:a5,platform:Mac OS X,

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #190, by birenberggSunday, 25. December 2016, 12:08 8 years ago
    I would suggest to change the Symbols / Icons from the colored ones to these scheme-like Versions you used on the upper right to make it look more clean.
    Yep. The current icons look cheap and outdated.

7 Posts