Release date for 4.3?

• #200, by sebastianMonday, 02. January 2017, 08:12 7 years ago
    I'd enjoy being able to tell the particle systems to artificially simulate themselves on start to appear as if they'd been playing before the scene started - as Unity's "prewarm particle system" function does.

It makes the effects look sort of cheap when you're doing weather FX if they start out as a burst from various places.
    stuff like fireflies and smoke would profit from it smile 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #201, by LebosteinMonday, 02. January 2017, 14:34 7 years ago
    I am interessted in particle examples for rain and snow. I am not sure, but ist this possible with the Visionaire particle system?

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #202, by joemidMonday, 02. January 2017, 15:11 7 years ago
    I am interessted in particle examples for rain and snow. I am not sure, but ist this possible with the Visionaire particle system?
    Yes.

87 Posts

• #203, by James WoodallMonday, 02. January 2017, 17:06 7 years ago
    I've already made such a system for my own game.  It is certainly possible; making it look good is the hardest part.
    https://gfycat.com/ImpressiveForsakenHackee

14 Posts

• #204, by afrlmeMonday, 02. January 2017, 20:01 7 years ago
    I've already made such a system for my own game.  It is certainly possible; making it look good is the hardest part.
    https://gfycat.com/ImpressiveForsakenHackee
    Very nice looking title screen! wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #205, by brut69Wednesday, 04. January 2017, 00:49 7 years ago
    Please fix the bug where once we add a voice on then we can not remove it. (The Clear button doesn't work)

Great Poster

266 Posts

• #206, by sebastianWednesday, 04. January 2017, 11:04 7 years ago
    any significant progress since the last "probably end of the year beta version"  post? any ETA? 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #207, by marvelWednesday, 04. January 2017, 12:04 7 years ago
    any significant progress since the last "probably end of the year beta version"  post? any ETA? 
    Significant progress? Daily! We will release a presentation video and a beta definately this month. But we don't have a release date yet, because there are still some important bugs and missing features. 

You know how it turns out when we release it - there will be a thunderstorm of replies, bugs, opinions and wishes. So it's not always good to be too fast and release something unstable. smile

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #208, by afrlmeWednesday, 04. January 2017, 13:05 7 years ago
    Significant progress? Daily! We will release a presentation video and a beta definately this month. But we don't have a release date yet, because there are still some important bugs and missing features. 

You know how it turns out when we release it - there will be a thunderstorm of replies, bugs, opinions and wishes. So it's not always good to be too fast and release something unstable. smile
    Yes, the anticipation of being able to look for & list bugs on here is slowly killing us all. razz

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #209, by LebosteinWednesday, 04. January 2017, 15:38 7 years ago
    In future, the bug tracking and fixing process will be transparent? There are lot of bugs reported by the users last year, but in most cases the feedback from the developers is very reserved. Has the bug report reached the responsible persons? Is the bug fixed? Can other users reproduce this bug with their machines? And so on... Would be nice to can collect bug informations in a compact database. Why you don't use a transparent bug tracking system? So you can avoid double posts of bugs for example, you can give workarounds for existing bugs and so on. I think this is very useful for both sides.

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #210, by afrlmeWednesday, 04. January 2017, 15:41 7 years ago
    In future, the bug tracking and fixing process will be transparent? There are lot of bugs reported by the users last year, but in most cases the feedback from the developers is very reserved. Has the bug report reached the responsible persons? Is the bug fixed? And so on... Why you don't use a transparent bug tracking system? So you can avoid double posts of bugs for example, you can give workarounds for existing bugs and so on. I think this is very useful for both sides.
    David actually setup a bug tracker on the wiki server. Unfortunately it wasn't opened to the public & also Alex refused to use it.

Maybe Simon would be more willing to use one? The dev tracker should still be on the wiki server. Or there's always github.

Imperator

7278 Posts