Release date for 4.3?

• #160, by LebosteinSaturday, 17. December 2016, 14:03 7 years ago
    Is this a screenshot of the new code editor?

https://images.siteface.net/siteface//CMS/5//1920/visionaire-scripting.jpg
    sceenshot from Visionaire main page

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #161, by marvelSaturday, 17. December 2016, 14:14 7 years ago
    Here's a small peak into the new Visionaire Editor, where you can see some of the basic changes.

• The toolbar is placed at the top now. This way we can save some place. 
    • Arrows to navigate forward and backward. With the arrows you can easily jump back to the scenery, when you were just adding/editing/changing a person or an item (for example)
    • Search at the upper bar on the right
    • LUA Profiler, Debugger and Settings placed the upper bar on the right
    • Values and Conditions in a widget window on the right. This way you can directly change them and link them to an action.

We are still focussing on completing the functions. We are aware, that there are still polishing issues and translations errors wink We will also first finish the light skin and add an additional black skin, when the editor works are finished.

@Lebostein: No, that's not the new code editor. It's just a symbolic picture. 

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #162, by AkcayKaraazmakSaturday, 17. December 2016, 14:59 7 years ago
    There will be also a simple way to work with Steam achievements in this new release?

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #163, by ke4Saturday, 17. December 2016, 15:03 7 years ago
    Looks good smile What GUI library have you used for this new editor?

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #164, by marvelSaturday, 17. December 2016, 15:16 7 years ago
    Looks good smile What GUI library have you used for this new editor?

We don't use any gui library. 

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #165, by afrlmeSaturday, 17. December 2016, 15:48 7 years ago
    There will be also a simple way to work with Steam achievements in this new release?

Hmm? As far as I know you just need to include the dll thing & then use the steam functions listed on the wiki to check & update steam achievements. It doesn't seem all that complicated, but maybe we could sort out a step by step guide at some point unless someone that's already released a game on Steam already that contains achievements would like to provide a quick summary of what they had to do?

https://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/GetGameClientAchiev...
    https://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/GetGameClientStat
    https://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/SetGameClientStat
    https://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/SetGameClientAchiev...

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #166, by caligarimarteSaturday, 17. December 2016, 16:14 7 years ago
    The new Editor looks comfortable, user-friendly. I hope it will work better on my measly 1366x768 Screen (on which I am creating my 1920x1080 Game) -- the current Editor just about fits on it, so every Space-Saver is welcome.
    I also appreciate the thick Lines around the Objects -- currently they are often hard to see, and also the Vertices can be difficult to grab when the Scene is zoomed out too much.

Thank you Guys from Visionaire-Team for the Work you are putting into this.

Forum Fan

145 Posts

• #167, by afrlmeSaturday, 17. December 2016, 17:29 7 years ago
    The new Editor looks comfortable, user-friendly. I hope it will work better on my measly 1366x768 Screen (on which I am creating my 1920x1080 Game) -- the current Editor just about fits on it, so every Space-Saver is welcome.
    I also appreciate the thick Lines around the Objects -- currently they are often hard to see, and also the Vertices can be difficult to grab when the Scene is zoomed out too much.

Thank you Guys from Visionaire-Team for the Work you are putting into this.
    If you are working on a laptop, I highly recommend purchasing a 23" screen at some point if/when you can afford to do so. They are pretty cheap these days as long as you don't care for tons of ports, built in speakers, super fast refresh rates, ips or 144hz. Less than €100 easy for the cheaper brands.

The only reason I bought mine was because I wanted to be able to see what the game I'm working on looked like on a native 1920x1080p screen. But I ended up using it for so much more as it let me multi-task. Use 1 window with real time log monitor open or have skype open on my laptop screen & work on the hd monitor at the same time. I also like using it for watching TV on as it's larger & thus allows me to sit further away from the screen & causes less strain on my eyes after extended durations.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #168, by sebastianSaturday, 17. December 2016, 17:31 7 years ago
    Looks very cool smile I would suggest to change the Symbols / Icons from the colored ones to these scheme-like Versions you used on the upper right to make it look more clean.

How is it managed for scene / interface / object conditions/values ? Are they all put together now in the right list or separated in a way? If separated: where do they appear?

Also a short suggestion to the object settings (Objekt Einstellungen). I guess it would be enough to have the checkbox beside the condition have the text say "negieren" instead of "Bedingung negieren". Its in the same line as the condition so no need to make the Text too long. I could guess that it can cause problems when the words are longer in orher languages...

kind regards
    Sebastian

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #169, by MachtnixSaturday, 17. December 2016, 18:43 7 years ago
    Kann ich die Menüs (vor allem das ganz rechte) entkoppeln? Für 4:3 wäre ein so breiter Editor unpraktisch und ich müsste andauernd nach rechts scrollen (was ich jetzt nicht muss). Die Werkzeuge oben rechts auf der Leiste - rutschen die automatisch in das verwendete Monitor-Format hinein?

Ansonsten sieht es gut aus. Menüleiste oben ist ok und sinnvoll.

Machtnix

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #170, by LebosteinSaturday, 17. December 2016, 19:59 7 years ago
    The toolbar is placed at the top now. This way we can save some place.
    If you have a widescreen, then it seems better to avoid all horizontal bars, toolbars and so on. Using vertical toolbars is profitable in some cases I think.

Key Killer

621 Posts