The cat's pajamas
If by seeing my review immediately causes your eyes to glaze over, then I'll save you the trouble of reading it all:
Sexiness: Quadruple Mega-Check
BUY THIS SOFTWARE NOW (and all your wildest fantasies will come true before your very eyes!)
How are you? That's fantastic. Now grab your pants and buckle up for one sexy review.
That's right, Visionaire Studio puts the cat in the cat's pajamas. The bee's knees if you will. I know what you're thinking right now, "Who is this dashingly handsome guy and why should I listen to him?" Well, being an upstanding, smart and important explorer, such as myself, I've drudged my way through a plethora of medieval and unforgiving game engines. I've slid down the easy slides of the do-it-all-for-you-and-give-you-barely-any-options-to-make-anything-unique type of engines as well.
Visionaire is galaxies apart from either of those types. As it happens, I found myself face to face with Visionaire purely by chance. She incarnated as a majestic and mythical deity, stepping into a dark forest clearing. As the tree branches gave way and the clouds opened above, heavenly rays of light washed over her complex, yet simplified beauty. I saw in her, an alluring visage which would make angels weep with pure elation. However I am not one to normally fall for such tricks of the senses.
"What deceptive charlatan sorcery is this?!", I exclaimed loudly, much to the disturbance of my fellow internet cafe patrons. I then saw the humble pauper fee of 35 EUR. "Surely there must be extra monthly fees! Or Module Packs, perhaps some hidden secret charges?", I continued, at this point merely rambling to my screen.
I cautiously bought and downloaded the software, anxiously awaiting a barrage of up-selling advertising to molest my eyes. But, the barrage never came, and my eyes were unsoiled. In fact, I felt good. Smart and savvy even, as if I had just made a cunning and strong investment. I began clicking through the different menus...and then...a small spark of hope began to flash in my soul and my special bond with Visionaire began...
- Easy Intuitive interface and more advanced options for added complexity, giving you plenty of room for originality and innovation. Makes it really straightforward to figure out where to work your special magic. It knows what you're thinking before you do. Visionaire literally guides you through the entire creation process, but doesn't put a restraining order on you when you stop to tweak and add your own personal touch on things.
- 35 EUR!!! SERIOUSLY, WHATTTT! That's cheaper than a date! And with Visionaire, you know that you're getting some. Visionaire is a beacon of golden light In a world of tricksters and charlatanry. You know what I'm talking about, complicated subscription pricing schemes + add-on nickel&dime charges, treating your fans/users like crap and then faking new colors when you don't get away with it. All very unsexy-behaviour running rampant around us daily. But not Visionaire. Buying Visionaire at this price practically makes you feel like you're getting away with something you know you shouldn't. And we all know that feels good. Or so I've heard.
- It's ACTUALLY FUN to make things with Visionaire. Don't believe me? You'll create your game within FRACTIONS of the time it takes in other engines. Your loved ones will burn with envy over the attention you will happily and dutifully give towards this program.
- THE VISION BEHIND VISIONAIRE. You can EASILY tell that the team behind Visionaire are very passionate about not only adventure games in general but the creation process. They're not trying to capitalize on a Niche market. They genuinely want to create awesome tools for adventure crafting and enable the rest of us lazy non-coders to join in on the experience. (You can still code in Visionaire if you're a wizard like that)
- AWESOME SUPPORT AND COMMUNITY. You need help with that bodacious puzzle you're building? No problem, you've got an ocean of support/help and examples/information from the community. PLUS, if you still can't find what you're looking for, just message one of the creators and *POOF* instant personal attention. (I'm fairly positive at least half the creators and community behind Visionaire are Wizards and/or Aliens).
- DAT ASSET management. If you're a lazy person, like an artist, you will literally fall in love with this software. Creating playable characters, NPCs, menus, buttons, items, backgrounds, special effects, animations, transitions, etc, etc is only limited by the time it takes you to draw the actual asset. You throw art at it, and it's like "oh that's cute, soo...is that all you're made out of? Because I'm already done converting that to the game object." And if that wasn't enough, YOU LITERALLY DRAW your BOUNDING AREAS, WALKING PATHS, PLACEMENT POINTS, and ACTION AREAS. Seriously, what more do you want lazy?!
- One word, PARTICLES. I can't tell you how much I love the particle engine in this thing. Yeah I KNOW, it still has a few quirks here and there, but for what you can create with it and how easy (yet highly customizable) it is, I love it. I spend way too much time playing with this voluptuous part of the engine.
- FUTURE FEATURES AND PUBLISHING OPTIONS. Like a bottle of fine wine, Visionaire just keeps getting better as it ages. Awesome new community-feedback-inspired features are always on the way. Visionaire is adapting and evolving and I can't wait for the new features they'll add to an already stellar piece of top-notch software.
In all seriousness, If there's any creation software and communities out there that deserves your support, it's these guys.