your favorite 8/16 bit tunes?

• #1, by ScubidubiThursday, 03. April 2014, 16:35 10 years ago
    I am simply curious smile mine would be the intro of mega man 3 on the nintendo entertainment system.
    I get goosebumps liasening to it .. probably just because of childhood memories :p

Oh and the le chuck theme from monkey island 2

Forum Fan

106 Posts

• #2, by BCEmckeThursday, 03. April 2014, 17:02 10 years ago
    The Monkey Island 1-3 have always been some of my favorite soundtracks. Especially, the carnival ending of Mi 2.
    But other than that, I really like the Guile stage music from Street Fighter 2. smile

9 Posts

• #3, by HellVanSingThursday, 03. April 2014, 17:32 10 years ago
    Simon the Sorcerer,Sonic the Hedgedog and, don't forget, The Legend Of Zelda, all for the whole soundtrack.

67 Posts

• #4, by HasuakThursday, 03. April 2014, 18:50 10 years ago
    Earthbound has crazy music. From catchy tunes to outright weird ambience. My favourite soundtrack from SNES. On NES it's gotta be Mega Man 2 soundtrack, but I don't play much NES anyways.

26 Posts

• #5, by ScubidubiThursday, 03. April 2014, 21:45 10 years ago
    I never played earthbound i admit. I just found out watching a gametrailers show, that nes from smashbros is from earthbound. I totally need to check that one out.

I live simon 1 and 2.. ither than that i dint know the series. But i cant recall any melody..time to research smile youtube my friend

Forum Fan

106 Posts

• #6, by DamianoFriday, 04. April 2014, 04:27 10 years ago
    I noticed you like Megaman music. Go and check out the Megaman covers of Rushjet1. In my opinion they are better than the original tracks. Yes its true you had limitations those days and possibly the remades take more memory than the storage space had to offer on a NES cartridge but it was still possible to have this awesome sound.
    Check out the reinterpretations if you don`t know them already:

http://rushjet1.bandcamp.com/album/mega-man-3-remade
    http://rushjet1.bandcamp.com/album/mega-man-95
    http://rushjet1.bandcamp.com/album/mega-man-remade

35 Posts

• #7, by NovelFriday, 04. April 2014, 18:50 10 years ago
    I adore the NES soundchip and I like everything that Koji Kondo did (Super Mario, Zelda) but there were tons of other good tunes for that system.

Aside from that, my 16bit system is the Amiga, so here I go for most of the Rainbow Arts stuff (Chris Hülsbeck and Rudi Stember - Turrican, Mr Nutz), but also Martin Iveson's soundtrack of Jaguar XJ220 was great.

100 Posts

• #8, by afrlmeFriday, 04. April 2014, 19:31 10 years ago
    Simon the Sorcerer,Sonic the Hedgedog and, don't forget, The Legend Of Zelda, all for the whole soundtrack.

I really enjoyed the sound track of Simon the sorcerer 1. actually scrap that, the whole game to be more precise. I still think it's my favorite p+c game out the numerous amount that I've played over the years.

I've got to admit that I quite enjoyed some of the soundtracks of Donkey Kong Country for the snes. snes, still my favorite console - I did enjoy my amiga600 though, what I played most of my adventure games on. 11 or12 floppy discs for monkey island 2. wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #9, by ScubidubiFriday, 04. April 2014, 19:51 10 years ago
    @afrlme because you like melons? smile

Forum Fan

106 Posts

• #10, by afrlmeFriday, 04. April 2014, 20:03 10 years ago
    haha... you & the crude humor eh? or maybe it's just how my mind works. Well I can certainly tell you that I don't fancy trying anything from MucSwampy's. My favorite music from the game was probably in the scenes with the snow & mountains.

http://scummvm.org/data/screenshots/agos/simon/simon2-1-full.png

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #11, by GreenLightDevelopmentSaturday, 05. April 2014, 01:30 10 years ago
    Zak McKracken and The Last Ninja. Evergreens! :-)

Forum Fan

139 Posts