Visionaire 5 starting with a blank screen

• #1, by beto_138Monday, 30. April 2018, 18:29 6 years ago
    Hello!

I'm new here, so forgive me if it's something already mapped (I searched and couldn't find this same issue reported).

Recenlty I installed Visionaire 5, since I'll give a hand to a friend and try to implement things on a game he's been developing. So I downloaded the installer from this link https://www.visionaire-studio.net/downloads/out/visionaire-s... from the downloads page.

Installation went fine, but when Visionaire launched the screen was blank. The cursor would still change when hovering around, but I couldn't see anything. If I try to open the project directly I get a dialogue box, which is blank as well. In both cases when I close the program, for a split second I can see the content before closing, but it's so fast I can't read.

I'm running Windows 10 64bit on an Asus laptop with Intel i7-4710Q CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M grahpics card, driver version 397.31.

Things I've tried already was running as admin and troubleshooting compatibility with Windows 8, 7 and XP. I also tried running the project on Visionaire 4, which launches fine, but as expected it didn't open since it was saved on 5.

4 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeMonday, 30. April 2018, 18:59 6 years ago
    Check your graphic settings or in nvidia control panel & make sure you are running it on your dedicated gpu & not the integrated gpu - or maybe it's the other way round (I forget). I know Simon has mentioned it a few times to people using Visionaire on laptops recently who have also had various issues running VS.

If it doesn't help then wait for a response for SimonS or if you are desperate for an answer then join our Discord server (link/icon is on the footer) & ping or dm him on there.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #3, by beto_138Monday, 07. May 2018, 16:18 6 years ago
    Thanks for the help AFRLme!
    It did work opening it with the integrated gpu.

Visionaire is working fine now (:

4 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeMonday, 07. May 2018, 18:30 6 years ago
    Thanks for the help AFRLme!
    It did work opening it with the integrated gpu.

Visionaire is working fine now (:
    Good to hear. smile

Imperator

7278 Posts