I've had to use the texts section of VS for a couple of nights in a row and have battled against a few things which I feel could be vastly improved with some very simple fixes.
By the way I'm SO GLAD I stumbled upon the "import speech files.." tool on the extra menu.. Thankfully I'd named everything using ID's
- The filter menu is a great idea, but the texts list also needs a SORT BY ID number button. I'm not sure what determines the order of the list but it's a nightmare looking for an individual ID number in over 500 randomly sorted ones
- A filter by DIALOG texts would be great too, I've had to fish these out manually as they don't appear if I use the filter by character filter. Is this a bug? My frog character only has one line according to this filter??.. (he actually has about 16 dialog lines)
- Being able to copy and paste an audio clip name into the filename box would be useful, rather than having to browse for them when you realise you need a quick re-use of the same ogg for a different ID.
- Being able to create a default colour for each of your characters elsewhere in the editor (character tab) would be great, then the text's list could be colour coded for each character.
- Would be great to be able to filter out all other screen/item/mouseover text too, to leave you just characters.
Other than these little tweaks it was fairly painless getting all of my speech files in, the dev's have done a great job here.
In particular the text preview option, that shows you the on-screen text alongside the audio playing, is a godsend for syncing..the P tag method is great!
Keep up the good work chaps!