Spam

• #1, by NigecFriday, 01. June 2018, 17:36 6 years ago
    There's a lot of spam in the blog posts.. Why not stop comments on those topics? The dickheads are getting more exposure than the post creator!

Key Killer

632 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeFriday, 01. June 2018, 17:44 6 years ago
    I'd delete the posts & users spamming in the blogs if I could mate, but unfortunately the moderator stuff isn't working as it should. Currently the only thing I seem to be able to do is click on a users name/avatar in a forum thread which pops up the mini-bio thing & a delete user button. If I delete someone then all of their posts & threads (that they created) get deleted with them.

There is no delete button for me on a persons actual profile page so I can't currently ban/delete anyone that way. Also for some reason I can no longer edit or delete other peoples posts. If I click on the edit button next to someone else's post I just end up going to an error this is not the page you were looking for screen.

As for your suggestion, it's a good idea - or maybe give the blog post author the option to allow or disable comments.

As for blog based spam I think a nice solution would be to prevent any user with less than x posts from being able to comment on blog posts or create them.

Imperator

7283 Posts

• #3, by NigecFriday, 01. June 2018, 17:54 6 years ago
    Spam and cold calls are my pet hate lol

Yes a X amount of posts would be a good idea smile

Its really strange it gets hit so badly, its a one off site, usually forums and blogs are targeted by the software used

Key Killer

632 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeFriday, 01. June 2018, 17:58 6 years ago
    Who knows how the bots/human spammers pick their targets. Doesn't matter how obscure a website, forum or blog is - they will still find it.

Imperator

7283 Posts

• #5, by riffmasterSaturday, 02. June 2018, 14:21 6 years ago
    I noticed that the captcha has been shut off recently, maybe this is the problem of currently more spam than before?

26 Posts

• #6, by afrlmeSaturday, 02. June 2018, 16:19 6 years ago
    Possibly, but captcha aren't very effective against human spammers anyway. A lot of the spam is being done by human spammers instead of bots. I found this out rather amusingly a little while back when I wrote a random email to one of the spammer accounts without expecting a reply & ended up getting a rather cheeky response back - something along the lines of: "it's not spam, just trying to do my job mate" (I forget the exact reply & the user has since been deleted so don't have the pm anymore).

Imperator

7283 Posts