Yes, it's possible without scripting. There's actually already a system built into Visionaire Studio for doing just that.
You need to add animations manually to each of your scene objects that you want highlight, anyway... here's what you need to do.
1. click on a scene object.
2. navigate to the "effects" tab
3. now link an animation to the "snoop animation" bit.
4. at the top of the scene preview window, where the toolbar bit is you will find an icon that looks like the return/enter key of a keyboard. Select that & you will be able to move the hotspot animation around by left clicking & dragging the animation sprite. Place it wherever you want to place it.
5. rinse & repeat the process for each scene/scene object.
6. once you've done that, you will be needed to create 2 key event actions, so navigate to the main game tab, where all the games settings are. Then navigate to the key actions tab.
7. Create a key event for "space" & now add the "show snoop animations" action part to that.
8. Do the same again, but create a key event for "space (released)" & add the same action part as before but set it to hide snoop animations.
I think that about covers it.