Sorry about rambling on...
Dude, you are a life savor and I think I can speak on behalf of everyone here that we actually want you to ramble some more!
If an animation is on an infinite loop then it should stay keep playing until done. I'm assuming that you mean it reverts back to initially linked animation on scene load?
Yes I have an animation on a object that is set to infinite loop and it only loops once when inside of a action scripted sequence.
pretty much what I have been attempting to do in detail is to have a NPC look up at the player then hold that pose while they are in dialogue. When they are done with the dialogue the NPC would exit current animation loop and return to idle.
It sorta looks (or should look like this)
- Hide NPC Default Idle Animation (Infinite Loop)
- Play NPC Looks up at player animation
- Play NPC Keep looking at Player Idle (Infinite Loop) (This is the problem child one that only loops once when in the action sequence) I've tried setting this one to both -Wait till animation finishes On and Off but still no dice.
- While that animation is set to loop the dialogue options will appear and player choices...etc... Once concluded
- Play NPC Looks up at player animation (In reverse)
- Show NPC Default Idle Animation (Infinite Loop)
Everything works great except I can't get a animation to loop in the middle of that sequence of actions.