Android 11: error occurred during package analysis

• #1, by tom-barnetFriday, 08. October 2021, 09:59 2 years ago
    Hello, fellow game-makers,

I am unable to install the created .apk package on my phone with Android 11 and I keep getting this error message "an error occurred during package analysis".
    The game can be installed and runs smoothly on Android 10. However, once you upgrade to Android 11, the installed game is purged from the phone and the .apk can no longer be installed

To make the issue more puzzling; I had a previous built of my game before the latest update (or two) of Visionaire and that particular game can be with no problem installed on both Android 10 and 11. Is it perhaps a bug in the latest version of Visionaire?

Also, the icons of the .apk differ between the two builds of my game. The working build is the upper icon, the one that gives the error message is the bottom one.

Can anyone please help or explain what is/can be wrong?

UPDATE SOLVED: I managed to solve the issue by generating Android project in Visionaire, opening it in Android Studio and setting up SDK compatibility in build.gradle to Android 11. 

37 Posts

• #2, by tom-barnetMonday, 11. October 2021, 19:36 2 years ago
    Is this issue going to be addressed in some of the upcoming updates of Visionaire?

37 Posts

• #3, by darren-beckettWednesday, 27. October 2021, 16:46 2 years ago
    I'm having the same apk issues with Andoird 11.
    The previous version of the APK was working fine.

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #4, by SimonSFriday, 29. October 2021, 10:57 2 years ago
    It's fixed in the next version, for now you would need to use the android project or edit the apk with uncompressing the resources.arsc and signing it again.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #5, by darren-beckettFriday, 29. October 2021, 12:17 2 years ago
    Great work, thanks Simon.

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #6, by tom-barnetFriday, 29. October 2021, 15:32 2 years ago
    Great, thank you!

37 Posts