I've got a trash can-like object in the game I'm working on. I'm trying to get the following behaviour to work:
When using a dragged item on the trash can:
* Action (at destination): Item dropped [any]
- Speaker text will now display what you've discarded
- The item that you discarded should be removed from your inventory
When using the trash can without an item dragged:
- Speaker text to display what you've picked up
- All the items that you've discarded so far must now be added back to your inventory
Now, with GameDestinationItem and some LUA I can get the speaker text working fine for the 'throw away' section. Also, with some conditions I can get the appropriate speaker text for the 'take stuff' section.
My problem is that I don't know how to add/remove items to the character using LUA. Or alternatively, how to specify which item to remove when the action in VS is set up with "[any]".
Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.