360 Scenes

• #1, by NigecMonday, 24. January 2011, 12:20 14 years ago
    Would it be possible to do a scene that could scroll 360 degree? I saw it done with AGS years ago using a hemispherical image would it be possible in visionaire? I'm not talking cubic or using spherical images

Key Killer

629 Posts

• #2, by XCalProMonday, 24. January 2011, 22:16 14 years ago
    Are you talking about wrapping around from one edge to the other so it appears you are scrolling endlessly?

0 Posts

• #3, by NigecMonday, 24. January 2011, 22:26 14 years ago
    yes, that's it smile I've done it with Flash, it involved two images if I remember right

Key Killer

629 Posts

• #4, by XCalProMonday, 24. January 2011, 22:29 14 years ago
    I know in AGS it was just a matter or changing the X coordinate position of the player and didn't require two images. I have not tried it with Vis, but if there is a way to change the X position of the player that may be the way to do it.

0 Posts

• #5, by marvelWednesday, 26. January 2011, 13:41 14 years ago
    I think you just need a huge image without visual beginning or end. And when you reach a special position of the image you just "jump back".

I think you have to do it with the help of lua. But i just don't know how wink

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #6, by NigecWednesday, 26. January 2011, 13:53 14 years ago
    The hemisphere image is the easy bit! maybe I should do a simple scene and see if some one can make it scroll infinitely?

Key Killer

629 Posts

• #7, by marvelThursday, 27. January 2011, 11:42 14 years ago
    Attached you find a concept. It shows how i would try to do it. smile Currently i check out how to do so...

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #8, by NigecThursday, 27. January 2011, 13:39 14 years ago
    cool smile I hope you can do it!

Key Killer

629 Posts

• #9, by marvelMonday, 31. January 2011, 12:36 14 years ago
    Alex told me that this would be possible with the following definitions:

"VGameScrollDirectionHorizontal" - with this parameter you can query the scrolling position. "VGameScrollPosition" gives you the upper-left point of the current scrolling position. "GameCursorHorizontalScrollDistance" gives you the amount of pixel to the area of the picture, where the scrolling starts. With "getCursorPos()" you get the current position of the cursor.

So there are different possibilities how to handle this. smile

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #10, by NigecMonday, 31. January 2011, 16:04 14 years ago
    cool smile I'd love to see a working demo of it, I'm just on doing a MI1 style GUI with recycled graphics I did for a "The Night of the Hermit" remake,shame the graphics are 800x600, it kinda makes hard to have the gui at the bottom.. is it possible to have custom screen sizes, ie 800x778. I might have a go at the scrolling thing tonight, the GUI is more or less working, just the convo's to sort out

Key Killer

629 Posts