.po-Import broken -> found a Workaround

  • #1, by battlefoxThursday, 01. June 2017, 13:44 3 years ago
    Importing .po Files seem to have no effect on 4.25.

    Update:
    ------

    Seems that I've find a workaround:

    The export po.File from Visionaire is not 100% standard.
    So it import fails when the file is editied with an external tool.

    I found a workaround (use at own risk):

    1. Download the free Tool Notepad++:
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

    2. Open your editied .po File with Notepad++.

    3. Press CTRL+F and then the tab "replace"

    4. Set "search mode" to "Extended"

    5. At "Find what:" type " context:" (without quotes).
    6. At "Replace with:" you enter " \n#: context:" (without quotes).
    7. Click on "Replace all"
    8. Let's clean up the file header:

    It should look like this (ATTENTION: act. lang + transl. lang may vary on your project, dont change them!):

    msgid ""
    msgstr ""
    "Project-Id-Version: \n"
    "POT-Creation-Date: \n"
    "PO-Revision-Date: \n"
    "Last-Translator: \n"
    "Language-Team: \n"
    "MIME-Version: 1.0\n"
    "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8\n"
    "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n"


    # ATTENTION! do not modify the comments (lines starting with '#')
    # because this information is needed for the text import in the Visionaire Editor.
    # IMPORTANT: use utf-8 encoding when modifying this file.
    #
    # active language: Deutsch, id:1


    # translation language: Englisch, id:2


    1
    2
    3
    4
    5
    6
    7
    8
    9
    10
    11
    12
    13
    14
    15
    16
    17
    18
    19
    20
    21
    22
    23

    9. Save the file under new name (in case anything goes wrong)

    Now the import in Visioniare should work.

    Newbie

    52 Posts


Write post