Visionaire 5 RC0 released!

• #50, by sebastianSaturday, 15. April 2017, 18:26 7 years ago
    Let me say congratulations! The new version is beautiful!

Here is some feedback for the OSX version 
    - I'll repeat a remark that @sebastian has already pointed out: now that the scene and object properties got mixed, there are two tabs named Actions and Action - it's rather confusing...

Yes, I do think the same and we've had an internal discussion about some weeks ago. As far as I remember it had techniqual reasons and it was hard to find a better place for it. If someone could make a proposal where to place it, we would be more than happy wink

We try to take care of the other points that you mentioned. 
    difficult question....

For me there are several places where the Actions / Action and also Values/ Conditions tabs are a bit out of place:

Conditions / Values: should always be on the right side . Regardless of its parent "object".
    So it would be nice to move the scene object values/conditions to the right as mentioned in a prior post. Here is an example for the scenes window:

Scene Actions should open the actions like in 4.x. So they overlay the displayed scene and scene object properties completely. By that also the scene object Conditions/Values like mentioned above should now get hidden:

Characters Workspace "Action" Tab beside the characters Conditions/Values on the right:
    These actions are from the dialog parts and are displayed twice:
    one: when clicking a dialog part which contains also an action: display on the right list
    two: when clicking a dialog part and clicking on the lightning icon besides the dialog part action.
    The weird thing is that you can't deep edit these actions in the right list. They are just listed. Only thing to do here is delete/add/reorder.

I would suggest to remove that action list on the right completely ... The opening window when clicking the lightning is enough. wink

Interfaces and Objects workspace:
    Why are the Conditions/Values now in the left list? Please add a right list and put Conditions and Values there - even if this eats up some space for interface editing. You should be consistent here so that new and old users know where to find stuff smile

---

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #51, by MachtnixSaturday, 15. April 2017, 18:42 7 years ago
    Funktioniert der Linux-Player in 5?

Linux-Player will work?

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #52, by joemidSaturday, 15. April 2017, 20:09 7 years ago
    So excited!  Thanks all for the hard work!  The new GUI looks gorgi!

I am having an issue that reminds me of a VS Player issue that I experienced with the very first Mac version.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with Retina display?  

The program does not fill the program window.

Please see screenshot.  

I was using Yosemite- due to some odd hardware compatibilty issues, and thought- maybe I should update to Sierra before posting.  Oops.  

Still experience the issue.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks again!

jmid.

EDIT...

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
    Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB/NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

87 Posts

• #53, by fulviovSaturday, 15. April 2017, 20:49 7 years ago

2. Because the new camera movement is much more smooth low res games don't profit as much as i hoped. When the scroll speed gets lower at the end of the scroll it kinds of shutter the last pixels... Any hope to have this smooth scrolling choosable/switchable?

Just wanted to point this out as well.
    The new smooth camera looks really bad for low-resolution games.
    A way to switch back to the old one would be much appreciated smile

Forum Fan

119 Posts

• #54, by sebastianSaturday, 15. April 2017, 21:15 7 years ago
    Just a further question regarding the font which is used for the scripting sections. COuld you made it either possible to change that fint in the editor settings or use another font (maybe the one from 4.x)?
    Its hardly to differ between an "i" and a an "1" because the i-ball is very close to the rest of the letter:

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #55, by F_KalSunday, 16. April 2017, 03:38 7 years ago
    2. Because the new camera movement is much more smooth low res games don't profit as much as i hoped. When the scroll speed gets lower at the end of the scroll it kinds of shutter the last pixels... Any hope to have this smooth scrolling choosable/switchable?
    I also have issues with the smoothness of the camera scrolling but also with the character walking that I didn't have in VS4.2.5; my scene and artwork are running at 1920x1080, but everything has a sense of slight stuttering (running VS5 RC1 free on OSX 10.12.2)

Forum Fan

107 Posts

• #56, by anthonyirwin82Sunday, 16. April 2017, 07:57 7 years ago
    I am having issues with the mac version which I see someone else also has had same issue.

Visionaire studio is not filling the whole screen and is mostly black.

I used SwitchresX and changed to a resolution that does not have hidpi on it and visionaire studio fills the whole screen. The only problem with that is most people don't have third party software allowing them to change the screen resolution type.s

I have attached a screenshots of both the default of visionaire loading with lots of black and a screenshot of visionaire stuido working filling the screen and the drop list of the switchresx program and chosen resolution.

UPDATE FIX FOR RETINA MAC DISPLAYS:

Ok I found a free way to make visionaire studio work properly without all the black space around the window on macs using a retina display.

1. Open the Applications Folder in Finder and highlight Visionaire Studio.
    2. Click the File menu the click Get Info
    3. Click the Open in Low Resolution box
    4. run visionaire studio normally and it will be full screen without the black edges surounding it.

20 Posts

• #57, by georgmoensSunday, 16. April 2017, 10:32 7 years ago
    Der Editor stürzt bei mir ab mit der Fehlermeldung "Out of memory" wenn man auf "Speichern" oder "Speichern unter ..." klickt: Das passiert aber nur dann, wenn der Rechner bei geöffnetem Editor in den Modus "Energie sparen" geschickt und dann wieder gestartet wurde. (Win 7 64 bit, prof.)
    Also: Bevor man den Rechner in diesen Modus schickt, sollte man immer den Editor beenden.

87 Posts

• #58, by afrlmeSunday, 16. April 2017, 14:10 7 years ago
    Quick note: some of the files for Lua color syntax & possibly the debugger are missing from the 5.0 RC[0] installation. If you still have 5.0 beta installed then navigate to the lua folder & copy the highlighted files / folders (see screenshot) into the lua folder of your 5.0 rc0 installation folder.

https://i.gyazo.com/34f187340a43c2596f39a06ff7b53f48.png

P.S: this fix is for windows.

P.P.S @ Simon: could you please make it so that the css file thing for Lua script styles is separate from the main css theme file please? That way we could drop in new css files or edit it without worrying about them getting overwritten.

There's a really nice website here that has loads of premade color syntax themes & also allows you to view & tweak them with a live preview. wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #59, by esmeraldaSunday, 16. April 2017, 17:03 7 years ago
    RC0 is looking great so far, keep up the good work!

Little problem:
    I can't change the animation center of my character animation via the "animation studio" (eye symbol).
    Everythings looks fine, I can select another animation and adjust the animation center, but when I hit "OK" the changes do not take effect in my character outfit.
    (Änderungen werden nicht übernommen)

Key Killer

513 Posts

• #60, by joemidSunday, 16. April 2017, 18:45 7 years ago
    Emulating in low resolution on Retina.  Thanks anthonyirwin82!  

Also a quick reminder to all to update the Shader Toolkit for VS 5.  Here is the link SimonS provided in another post- 
    The new shaderscript is here: http://rollaprint.de/vs/shaderscript9.lua
    Do I need to update?  There was an update option the first I opened.  I don't know what triggered that.  I saw it again- and was able to select it, but the update app canceled- I think due to the orignal install disk image not being mounted?  

I will try a fresh install and see if that cues the update.  Thanks!

87 Posts