Visionaire 4.0.1 crashes, invariably after a few clicks

• #1, by F_KalWednesday, 27. August 2014, 15:18 10 years ago
    Greetings,

I've decided to play a bit with visionaire studio (for the first time) and downloaded and installed the latest trial version.
    I run Windows 7 x64 with 4GB ram, but the program keeps crashing no matter what I do... I've tried creating a barebone project, a project with the minimal configuration, or opening the demo project. After a few clicks around it invariably crashes... The most simple way to reproduce it for me is to click on "Loading Screen" that appears on the toolbox, then "Scenes and Menus", and by the time I click "Characters", it has crashed!
    I'm sure this is not happening to everyone since I couldn't find any similar thread on the forum...
    I can send the crash reports if you wish though!

Thank you!

Forum Fan

107 Posts

• #2, by SimonSThursday, 28. August 2014, 13:05 10 years ago
    Hey, what does crash mean ? Is there a message where you can click yes/no/abort ? Then click abort. If the RAM is getting full, that's an issue we're addressing at the time. And there might soon be a new version.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #3, by F_KalThursday, 28. August 2014, 13:14 10 years ago
    Nah, no yes/no/abort message for me!
    It just shows the "debug report" dialog, that has an ok/cancel button and (regardless of what you press) the program simply closes. The memory usage of viseditor.exe doesn't exceed 35MBs and the system memory doesn't fill up so as far as I am concerned it isn't related to memory issues.

Forum Fan

107 Posts

• #4, by AlexThursday, 28. August 2014, 13:16 10 years ago
    Yes, please send us the crash reports. So far I could not reproduce this crash.

Great Poster

378 Posts

• #5, by F_KalThursday, 28. August 2014, 13:38 10 years ago
    Thank you Alex!
    I've forwarded you a few crash reports in a PM! Let me know if you need me to test something out!
    -Fotis

Forum Fan

107 Posts

• #6, by CynicalCartoonistMonday, 27. October 2014, 11:15 10 years ago
    I am dealing with the same problem right now. Has there been any progress in finding its cause?

8 Posts

• #7, by marvelMonday, 27. October 2014, 11:24 10 years ago
    Please update your current graphic drivers! wink Old drivers are the main reason for crashes.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #8, by MachtnixMonday, 27. October 2014, 16:44 10 years ago
    The most simple way to reproduce it for me is to click on "Loading Screen" that appears on the toolbox, then "Scenes and Menus", and by the time I click "Characters", it has crashed!

Thats interesting... Therefore XP isn't the only reason for that, it happens on modern win7 too....shock wink

Thread Captain

1097 Posts