Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #140, by MachtnixSaturday, 11. February 2017, 04:26 7 years ago
    I find the color thing a little amusing - well mostly when someone designs something that is meant to be viewed on a monitor/tv screen as everyone callibrates the colors, contrast & temp differently, then of course you have people who run apps like fl.ux (I used to, but it started annoying me as the colors just looked weird half the time & the mac version of fl.ux was even worse).

I know what you mean. Sometimes people use colours as a religion :-)
    Other doesn't care if the skin is red or yellow or green... wink
    If you are designing for flyers, posters, photos that are to be printed out then I perfectly understand the need to adjust colors to realistically represent what the final printed out product should look like...
    Yes, I am from the print world and the problem that the same picture looks different on different papers or screens is the reason to make calibration curves from every machine you want to use. But today the designers make strong colours (look at calendars, TV-magazins ans so on), sometimes the sky is BLUE, BLUE, BLUE and the water is BLUE, BLUE, BLUE... and house brick walls are RED, RED, RED and so on.

But if you want ro reproduce the Mona Lisa or another picture you need millions of nuances. You can reproduce a Turner painting if you want with only ten colours, but.... *lol* OK, today it's more easy with pdf and colour profiles than ten years ago (it's all sRGB today *lol*). The customer wants STRONG colours with 200% Magenta, 200 % Yellow and 200 % Cyan and 400% Black, but that's like fast food: too much, too candy, too simple...

I soon have this colour problem if I want to print my own photos on printer paper. Every brand name paper is different, every paper weightness is different (because of luminance), every ink is different. It's important how much ink is in the printer. How old is the paper. What's about humidity? You need 30 test prints ... and then the ink is empty smile

But of course: my monitors are older and they will be crashed some day...

It's off topic. But for example: if I use my 3D program to make a weight map for a character mesh, the monitor should be able to show differences between 13% green and 14% green. Or 67% green and 68% green. Or the same map using red colours... Using airbrush to make a picture you have to see the difference between 50% grey and 51% grey.... For watching a movie or using Visionaire you don't need a 500 Euro screen... smile smile

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #141, by MachtnixSaturday, 11. February 2017, 05:30 7 years ago
    Back to topic: my particles run also in 5 beta. They look totally equal.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #142, by LebosteinSaturday, 11. February 2017, 11:23 7 years ago
    I don't like such dark and gray themes. Very depressing, gloomy and confusing...

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #143, by afrlmeSaturday, 11. February 2017, 12:02 7 years ago
    I don't like such dark and gray themes. Very depressing, gloomy and confusing...
    haha, that's why there will be a light & dark theme, though it would be nice if we could just set our own background & text colors & syntax highlight colors - unfortunately it seems some of the backgrounds are repeated png files.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #144, by ke4Saturday, 11. February 2017, 14:02 7 years ago
    Some next thoughts

1. I'm getting confused a lot what's an object actions tab and what's  a scene actions tab. I liked it more when it was separated. I'm working on scene actions then click on object but the scene actions keeps open. On the exact same place as the object actions should be.

2. Scene properties. Would it be possible to close this window just by clicking anywhere outside of the window? Or have a close button in the top right corner? I can't get use to clicking on the left Properties button.

3. In the window for selecting objects positon the zooming icons are on the left side while in the normal scene view are on the right side which gets confusing. Also i would welcome a close button in the right top corner.

4. In the scene view the scrollbar can't be used with mouse. Click and hold. Only by clicking and holding the middle mouse button anywhere in the scene.

5. When i'm choosing a condition for linking it to an object it would save some time if it could be selected by doubleclick.

6. Editor doesn't remember the height of the center bottom panel.

7. I don't know if it's somehow possible to do it better than i was doing it, but pease add an input for adding the animation center for characters. It's a pixel hunting. I need all the animations of the character have the same animation center coordinates. If there would be an input after clicking on the set animation center icon it would be awesome.

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #145, by esmeraldaSaturday, 11. February 2017, 16:43 7 years ago

7. I don't know if it's somehow possible to do it better than i was doing it, but pease add an input for adding the animation center for characters. It's a pixel hunting. I need all the animations of the character have the same animation center coordinates. If there would be an input after clicking on the set animation center icon it would be awesome.
    This.
    That would really be awsome. Even when using the animation studio (in 4.25, now it is broken) I wasn't able to place the animation center at the exact position.

Key Killer

513 Posts

• #146, by afrlmeSaturday, 11. February 2017, 17:12 7 years ago

This.
    That would really be awsome. Even when using the animation studio (in 4.25, now it is broken) I wasn't able to place the animation center at the exact position.

Was kind of tricky with the mouse. Much easier with trackpad, but yeah some number inputs for positioning object/animation centers & images/animations in general would be something I'm sure a lot of people including myself would appreciate.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #147, by ArtNovaSaturday, 11. February 2017, 20:47 7 years ago
    Mouse wheel scrolling down in dropdown menus like 'Resolution' is not limited, accesing infinite white area as result.

41 Posts

• #148, by darren-beckettMonday, 13. February 2017, 15:16 7 years ago
    Two other remarks:

Way systems: If I zoom in I can't scroll with scroll bars. They are visible, but inactive. With mouse wheel it's possible to scroll up and down, but not to the left and to the right. Must be fixed, well?
    You can hold down the mouse scroll button to move the whole area around.

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #149, by afrlmeMonday, 13. February 2017, 15:49 7 years ago
    Two other remarks:

Way systems: If I zoom in I can't scroll with scroll bars. They are visible, but inactive. With mouse wheel it's possible to scroll up and down, but not to the left and to the right. Must be fixed, well?
    Not everyone has a mouse with mouse wheel. Mini-mouse & touchpads/laptops, etc, which reminds me that there really should be a keyboard shortcut so that keyboard shortcut + left click & drag can be used to move preview window around. Spacebar is the most common shortcut I think - like Adobe products.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #150, by MachtnixMonday, 13. February 2017, 22:37 7 years ago
    I can't try this now, but I remember I did it (I pressed ALL buttons on mouse and everywhere I could imagine...) and it didn't work. In 4.2.5 the scroll bars work fine., so I think, it's a bug.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts