V4.1 (Mac) corrupt scene objects after duplicating a scene

• #1, by LebosteinSunday, 18. January 2015, 13:19 10 years ago
    After duplicating a scene, all objects of the new scene seems corrupted and linked to the old scene (old = the source scene of the duplication) in some cases. Object borders are not visible, the editor shows a mysterious debugging warning sometimes and if I try to edit the object position of an object in the duplicated scene, the scene preview shows the background of the old scene. And it is not possible to start with the character in the old scene. After choosing the old scene, every time the character starts in the duplicated scene. There seems some shared things between the old and the new scene after a duplication operation that makes the editor confused.

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #2, by LebosteinTuesday, 20. January 2015, 21:24 10 years ago
    Same problems with cursors!
    This duplication bug can destroy your project! Please avoid this feature until it is fixed.

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #3, by LebosteinTuesday, 20. January 2015, 21:54 10 years ago
    Problem: The cursors or scenes are doubled indeed, but not the entries like animations or objects.

<Cursors newId="2" versionedId="-1" tableId="15">
    		<Cursor name="Standard1" id="0" order="0" lastModified="-1">
    			<CursorActiveAnimation parentLink="T" id="18" tableId="9" LinkAny="F"/>
    			<CursorInactiveAnimation parentLink="T" id="19" tableId="9" LinkAny="F"/>
    		</Cursor>
    		<Cursor name="Interface1" id="1" order="1" lastModified="-1">
    			<CursorActiveAnimation parentLink="T" id="18" tableId="9" LinkAny="F"/>
    			<CursorInactiveAnimation parentLink="T" id="19" tableId="9" LinkAny="F"/>
    		</Cursor>
    	</Cursors>

The duplicated cursor "Interface1" links to the same animations like the source cursor "Standard1". If I change now the active image of "Standard1" then the image is changed in "Interface1" also. This is not a duplication. This is like a symlink with an other name... If you delete one of the cursors now, the the editor is fully confused, but the remaining cursor links to empty entries now -> crash

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #4, by SimonSWednesday, 21. January 2015, 13:52 10 years ago
    curious... I think that's a Mac only bug. Because I can't reproduce this on windows.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #5, by LebosteinWednesday, 21. January 2015, 13:56 10 years ago
    Yes, I have tested that with windows (as virtual machine) too this moment. It works. It seems a mac problem.

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #6, by LebosteinWednesday, 21. January 2015, 15:11 10 years ago
    But in my virtual windows machine I have an other problem. Everytime, If the squared animation editor background is shown or I resize the window, Visionaire crashs with "no uniform mvp_mat in shader". But this could be a problem of my virtual machine. I don't know....

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #7, by LebosteinFriday, 06. February 2015, 12:06 10 years ago
    This is a very hard thing and should be get high priority! This duplicate or copy paste error appears to the entire program.

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #8, by BigStansMonday, 09. February 2015, 00:49 10 years ago
    We're testing around that. And we 've found out, that it works with our demogame, but if we start an new game from the clean template we have the same issue. See it as developers working smile

Great Poster

361 Posts

• #9, by BigStansWednesday, 11. February 2015, 09:35 10 years ago
    Found it. smile Fixed in the next version.

Great Poster

361 Posts

• #10, by LebosteinWednesday, 11. February 2015, 10:56 10 years ago
    That is great! Thanks! Copy and paste is a very good friend...

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #11, by LebosteinTuesday, 24. February 2015, 20:32 9 years ago
    Any news about the next version? Release in sight?

Key Killer

621 Posts