Support The Dark Inside Me on KICKSTARTER (updated alpha demo 1.1 ready PC & MAC)

• #1, by AkcayKaraazmakTuesday, 22. September 2015, 11:28 9 years ago
    Hello mates,
    I would like to share my kickstater campaign for my game The Dark Inside Me. I will be more then happy if you may give some support on game's KickStarter page; https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1502497016/the-dark-ins...

Mac demo download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5mntaTYVspN0RNei04UlNrTkk...

Pc demo dowload: http://www.thedarkinside.me/download.html

Cheers

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeTuesday, 22. September 2015, 11:47 9 years ago
    Nice one. I'll give a shout out on the VS twitter feed. Don't forget to create a news article about your campaign as it will stay on recent news article block on the portal page for at least a week. Anyway... good luck with the campaign. wink

* edit #1: I just went on your website to get the demo. I notice you have already enabled paypal donations. I recommend removing that for now, at least until you reach your base target on the campaign as paypal does not count towards kickstarter pledge amount. Best to add that after you are sure your campaign will be successful.

edit #2: Your download link goes to a private google drive folder which requires requesting permission to access it. That's going to slow you down if you have to verify everyone who requests! razz

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #3, by AkcayKaraazmakTuesday, 22. September 2015, 12:10 9 years ago
    Thank you Lee! Yea I just saw that error. I'm now uploading the demo again :\

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #4, by DilatedTuesday, 22. September 2015, 12:29 9 years ago
    Yo, looking good man! Nice to see more visionaire projects.

Some thoughts on the campaign.

Put on your cover image something more eye catching, like the close up of that girls face screaming. Need to remember the thumbnail will appear on Kickstarter.

Put on the cover all the formats you're going to release one. Super important, especially if you intend on releasing on LINUX and MAC. There are less games released on those formats so you pique more interest.

Put subtitles on your video. Please don't take this the wrong way, but you'll find that people have issues with understanding accents. I had to also subtitle my own video because of my Australian accent haha. Also the music is quite loud, so its harder to hear.

Otherwise thats all I can see so far, good luck grin

Forum Fan

149 Posts

• #5, by DilatedTuesday, 22. September 2015, 12:29 9 years ago
    Yo, looking good man! Nice to see more visionaire projects.

Some thoughts on the campaign.

Put on your cover image something more eye catching, like the close up of that girls face screaming. Need to remember the thumbnail will appear on Kickstarter.

Put on the cover all the formats you're going to release one. Super important, especially if you intend on releasing on LINUX and MAC. There are less games released on those formats so you pique more interest.

Put subtitles on your video. Please don't take this the wrong way, but you'll find that people have issues with understanding accents. I had to also subtitle my own video because of my Australian accent haha. Also the music is quite loud, so its harder to hear.

Otherwise thats all I can see so far, good luck grin

Forum Fan

149 Posts

• #6, by afrlmeTuesday, 22. September 2015, 14:00 9 years ago
    Thank you Lee! Yea I just saw that error. I'm now uploading the demo again :\

You shouldn't have to re-upload it. Can't you just set the folder to public? If not I'm sure google drive has an option to create a new folder with public enabled & it should also have a function for moving files in a folder to another one like dropbox does.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #7, by AkcayKaraazmakTuesday, 22. September 2015, 15:24 9 years ago
    Now the demo link works: http://www.thedarkinside.me/download.html
    Its public now.

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #8, by afrlmeTuesday, 22. September 2015, 15:40 9 years ago
    Yep downloading now. wink

Don't forget what we said about paypal donations, as you are potentially cutting your own foot off to spite yourself! (proverb 6:6:6, Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler) razz

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #9, by AkcayKaraazmakTuesday, 22. September 2015, 15:55 9 years ago
    Bro, its even in the menu screen of the game smile ... So lets see how it works like this.

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #10, by afrlmeTuesday, 22. September 2015, 16:00 9 years ago
    haha. The reason is because each donation via paypal doesn't actually get included in the kickstarter pledge amount, so every donation via paypal before the base target is reached is one pledge towards your base target lost, which in the long run could cause your campaign to succeed. Think about it in terms of political voting; it only takes the difference of a single vote between two candidates to determine the winner.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #11, by tristan-kangTuesday, 22. September 2015, 19:19 9 years ago
    I'll share this to my people.

Great Poster

267 Posts